38 FILTHY INFATUATION

Present.

38 | "Your worries are mine."

Nina and Taehyung didn't put any labels on their relationship, they were just going with the flow. Their day and night and everything in between were filled with each other's presence. They walked around smelling like each other. They taste like each other. Wanting each other. The flow was fairly simple, just them meeting after work, going on dinner dates, spending some quality time together where Taehyung would play with Nina's cat— Leote hadn't approved of Taehyung yet— hear her talking about her day, the all-juicy gossip about the office, about her fictional boyfriends.

Witnessing Taehyung sauntering around in the living room in his boxers, flaunting his rigid thighs and with his arms full of her cats triggered a ball of warmth and fascination in Nina's chest. Sometimes, she would just sit at the kitchen counter in her silk lingerie and watch the shirtless Taehyung fix midnight snacks for her which included sharing lots of heated neck kisses.

And they had all kinds of sex they could do. Hallway sex. Car sex. Middle of the night sex. Shower sex. The best part was the morning sex. Sometimes Nina would open her eyes at the sight of his face buried between her legs and the evidence of her pleasure smearing across his lips. Sometimes, while chanting 'I love you' in her ear, he would fuck her balls deep against the kitchen counter. By the smirk that his mouth carried, she knew he was watching her breaths stutter, her sanity withered and her falling for him a little deeper.

And even though Nina miraculously, impatiently, sloppily let him take her, it wasn't enough for him. Even she had tasted Taehyung again and again, the softness of his lips, the texture of his tongue, the throaty rumble escaping his chest. It wasn't enough for her. Nina wanted him more and Taehyung gave her more. Taehyung wanted to own more of her so she started giving him more of her every day. At this point, the line of sane and insanity had blurred. Love and lust had melted and formed into something potent that it became hard for them to go another day without each other.

Butterflies flared in Nina's chest every time she caught Taehyung waiting for her office parking lot. No matter how busy he was after his work, no matter how weary the lines of his face were, he would approach her and wrap his arms around her waist with a cheery smile. A smile that was only reserved for her.

Her heart thrummed when he kissed her as soon as she opened her door and found him standing there. Nina appreciated how in her anxious moments Taehyung would just sit by her side and wouldn't pressurise her to talk about her feelings. In some way, Taehyung understood that Nina didn't like talking when she was down. Naturally, he was a persistent man and liked to know everything yet he was waiting for her to lean to him first. Baby steps, a slow process but their relationship was progressing.

Taehyung didn't start the topic of the marriage and Nina didn't see any problem hanging the ring around her neck. Taehyung was learning to understand her, he was learning to be patient with her. Bit by bit, somewhere in those moments, he was thriving inside her, dwelling at every chipped part of her heart. Taehyung had assured that he had no problem waiting for her. He promised that he would make her fall for him all over again and Nina wondered how in-depth in love she could go. He was already etched in the marrow of her soul, how deeper did he desire to sink?

Taehyung: Are you still in the hospital right?

Nina: Yes, but I'll be leaving soon.

Nina sighed, rubbing her thumb on the screen as she recalled the conversation they had a few days ago. Taehyung had decided to cover all the expenses of her Aunt Lea's heart transplant surgery. No matter how much Nina denied it. No matter how much she opposed the idea and let the remorse plunge its blade deeper into her skin. No matter how many times she uttered the lies that she didn't need help, Taehyung was rooted in his decision like a brick wall.