47 FILTHY INFATUATION

A long chapter. I thought of doing a double update but sadly the next chapter isn’t ready. It has been such a long time and I felt terrible keeping you guys waiting. Hope you like this chapter, leave your votes and comments. Thank you <3

+++

Present

47| “The desire to ignite.”

Taehyung felt his thoughts shrinking and ripping into tiny chunks while the murk of his sadness manifested into something enormous and sharper, snipping the threads of his resilience that were holding him together. He felt it as if time had stopped and his body was floating in some other dimension.

This couldn't be happening. This should be a nightmare. He couldn’t come back to the same place. In that damned, abandoned house while standing frozen next to Nina’s body lying in the pool of blood. Nina’s body was frigid, pale, and lifeless. Taehyung remembered the coldness of her skin that stung his fingertips. Her lips were a bluish shade against her ghostly pale skin. The long slice across her body was still there, still brutally torn open and challenging him not to bat an eye.

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Taehyung chanted between his teeth. Not knowing if it was for him or Nina as his gaze cemented on her— he didn't bat an eye.

No, he shook his head, attempting to get rid of the pressure digging his chest— what was he watching? Was he observing how her chest wasn’t fluttering with every tender breath? Was he watching her reddish hair strands curling around her head like a shattered halo? Though, he did want to gather them in his hands to feel the texture. He did want to hold her. But it wasn’t real. She wasn’t real. Because Nina wasn’t dead in the real world and he was just trapped in an inescapable void of misery.

What punishment was that? How long does Taehyung have to suffer? Why did his demons couldn't stop howling and let him leave in peace?

“You killed me.” Taehyung’s breaths were suspended. The voice, the sweetest symphony, vibrated along his bones and left him rattling.

Taehyung watched how she was staring back at him, lying there with a big gash across her chest. Tarnished in blood with her pitch-black, soulless eyes she accused him for something he didn’t commit.

“Nina.” Taehyung called her, torn and conflicted. “What are you saying, baby?”

“You killed me.” Nina repeated like a robot.

“I didn’t—”

Then she said the words that would hunt him in his grave. 

“I've never loved you. Do you know why? Because you are a loveless, hideous monster—” She spat and for a second, Taehyung’s physical abilities fled and he was numb.

“You’ll only bring tragedy.” A sick curl occurred in the corner of her lips and Taehyung took his steps back. However, he couldn’t move as if he had no power to do that. Then he saw ghostly, tar-black hands whooshing out of the shadows and holding him there by his throat. This always happens. His dreams morphed into nightmares. It was an entire cluster of past recollections, bad incidents, and pure misery. And every time Taehyung thought he wouldn’t outlive, he did.

“A monster, that you are.” Her grin broadened, and the darkness in Nina’s eyes aggravated disturbingly. 

This woman wasn’t the one that he fell for. His Nina was the epitome of compassion. A whole jumble of living emotions. Right now the woman staring at her with those demonic eyes made him want to retch, flinch, and claw his heart out to prove that he wasn’t a monster… he never was.