28 FILTHY INFATUATION

Present 

28| "A side so unknown" 

Nina wasn't as uncomfortable as she was assuming before coming to Kim's mansion. The turn of events was drastic, just like Ji-hoon's betrayal.

It had been two hours since they came here. Taehyung didn't leave her side, guarding her drinks, offering her food, and waiting for her outside of the bedroom when she needed to go to the bathroom. He made sure that no man could flirt or make her awkward under their leering stares. Taehyng made sure that Kim's mansion couldn't haunt her. For the first time since Nina met him, she felt safe beside him and decided to let her guard down. When he was acting normal, why couldn't she? Plus, arguing with him about every single thing was tiring.  

Taehyung was making Nina's world so small, she couldn't see the exit, she could hardly even see herself. It was Taehyung, alone Taehyung that made everything blur for her. Him being so close to her, holding her as if no death could tear them apart, shouldn't grip her heart with profound emotions. He was like a knife working through her heart, she could hear the slashes in her ears, the drip of her blood. 

Her heart was bleeding yet beating for him. Good lord, save her before she steps in the path of her descent.

"Why are you doing this, Taehyung? Why are you making it so hard for me to hate you? I swear to myself that I'll never ache for you again, then why did you come back to my life? Now the terrible desire, the maddening longing that I had buried for you a long time ago is again reviving inside me and I don't know what to do with it. I don't know what to do with you. You are just a stranger to me, don't try to be familiar." Those thoughts remained on the tip of Nina's tongue but never formed into words. 

"What happened?" Taehyung spoke against her ear. His palm slid into the back of her neck, tantalizing her skin, massaging the area a little to dissolve her tension. It fueled her hunger for him and burned her remains. 

They were in their romantic bubble, not caring about the guests. If someone approached them, Taehyung flashed them a curt stare which gave them a clear concept that he wasn't appreciating their unwanted presence peering at them, and it urged the guests to bury themselves alive just by his one intimidating glare. 

Taehyung was with his red, he was keen to relish every second with her and now when she was in his arms, closing her arms around his waist as if she belonged in his embrace, the darkness gashing his chest was painless, even bearable.

"Nothing that can concern you." Nina tightened her arms around him as if he was her anchor, protecting her from the world. Was he protecting her when his existence was tormenting her soul? Was he protecting her by sucking her in his orbit? 

"You shouldn't hide from me, princess. I wanna taste every thought of yours, let me do it." Taehyung's voice hushed, nuzzling their noses together. Something was wrong with him and something was definitely strange happening with her. 

Because he was looking at her as if she was his world and he would unleash hell on everyone else just to see her happy and she was looking at him as if she would pull all the stars from the sky and scatter them against his feet. 

"You are my thoughts." Nina was this close to uttering but decided not to do that. Cowardly indeed. Sometimes, It hurts to admit things that she had never spoken to herself in her loneliness.