Chapter 3

Leighton

Lex burst through the doors with me following behind, I laid the wolf down on the bed and grabbed the bag from Lex.
Dr Hunts walked in as I was pulling a pair of sweats on "how can I help you guys this morning" I motioned to the wolf, "found him collapsing he passed me this bag and it's got a brand new pup in it, I know that we shouldn't touch the pup as it needs to bond with its parents so I didn't know what to do"
She walked to the wolf on the bed "Oh my poor boy" then looked at me "yes you are correct" she pushed a baby incubator to me and hands me gloves, I put the gloves on and picked the baby pup up out the bag and put him back down on the baby bed wrapped in what I'm guessing is a t shirt from the wolf, Dr Hunts quickly checked over the pup "he is fine, all healthily could do with some milk soon and from the looks of the father he won't be getting it from him, he will have to be bottled fed for the moment. Let's leave him until he wakes up" she walked up to the wolf "You poor boy, ok this is going to hurt but I need you in human form" she put a needle in his neck, he shifts back and oh my god, Dr Hunts threw up into a basket and I had to look away "my baby what did they do to you?" At that point Alpha Kingsley came barging in

Kingsley
Duke had been pacing back and forth in my head since I got up at 4:30am this morning, I tried to concentrate and get through training but by 7am I had given up and told them to go.
"What is the matter Duke?"
"All I can feel is pain Kingsley"
"We aren't hurt Duke" he is annoying me now.
"No our mates pain, they are close by" apparently Duke didn't know where our mate was but knew they were close to the pack/me and they were in a lot of pain. I headed into the kitchen when I smelt a beautiful smell of fresh cut flowers mostly roses
"Mate, mate" Duke shouted in my head, I followed the scent to the packs clinic and into a room, what I saw on the bed, I will never unsee and will haunt my nightmares, we want to kill who ever done that to my mate, Duke came forward and I howled shaking the building, Leighton came running at me "calm down Duke, give Kingsley back control, he needs to be in control" Duke let me take control, I looked at Leighton then back at the person on the bed "That's my mate" Leighton looked at the boy "someone's going to die a slow and painful death" Dr Hunts was attaching things to him i walked up to her, I knew Duke needed to be close to him, he looked dead. I wasn't sure if I could even touch him without causing him pain.
I can't even explain how angry Duke is at seeing my mate like this, he wants to kill everything in sight, I'm struggling to keep control but I need to ask some questions, I could feel my eyes shifting between me and Duke
"Dr ummm I don't even know where to start, why isn't he healing, is he going to die and can I touch him without causing him pain" I hover my hand over his, he looks so small. She looked at me and I could see she had been crying, she was stroking his hair, she started talking but not looking at me
"He isn't healing because he is too weak to heal, he is just skin and bones, doesn't look like he has been fed in a while, he has bruises old and new all over his body, broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, fractured knee, broken leg, fractured ankle, broken nose, and 2 black eyes, I need to do a scan to see if he has internal bleeding. I have never seen anything like this, there isn't a part of his body that doesn't have a bruise or scar or broken bone, I don't know how he carried that pup"
that confused me "Pup" she motions me to look in the corner I walk over to the incubator and in it is a baby pup, I went to pick it up, just out of instinct "Don't touch him" Dr Hunts shouted "it's less than 24 hours old, it needs to bond with its father and I'm guessing they didn't have time, I was going to sort them both out then put the pup on his chest" I know I should be mad that my mate had a pup by someone else but I just know it wasn't consented. Duke seems really calm around the pup I'm broken out my thoughts "Are you ok, are you going to be ok around the pup?" I growled I know she is only doing her job "I need to make sure that the pup is going to be safe until the father wakes up" I looked at her and then at the pup "we will behave round the pup until the father wakes up" "if" she mumbled but I heard making Duke growl.

After a few minutes of talking to Dr Hunts and looking at my broken mate, I left with Leighton there was nothing I could do at the moment and I needed to calm Duke down so we went for a run, I bolted out the back door making my pack members jump out the way and shifted in mid air shredding my clothes but we didn't care, I let Duke take over, he needed to hunt get rid of some of his anger. Duke was big at nearly 6 foot tall and was pitch black with blue eyes he was intimidating to say the least, I just hope our mate isn't frightened of us. As much as we tried to calm down the image of his battered body just kept replying in my mind, I needed to find the people who done this and make them pay, there are no packs close to us so that means he traveled a fair distance, and in the state he was in, it's unbelievable and from what the doctor said he had just given birth as well, "Our mate is strong" Duke said to me wagging his tail "indeed he is"