Chapter 24

Max

I was so happy with how Kingsley let me lead with this, I needed this to feel I mattered in the pack. I have spoken to Matt a few times now, they have some money but not a lot, as they rented all there homes, they have some skilled works, cooks, cleaners, mechanics, 2 nurses, 4 teachers but mostly just basic admin jobs in big companies, the problem is the closest big company for admin jobs is in the city just over an hour away, I will need to speak to Kings, we might have to put their settlement further from ours and closer to the city.
I was interrupted by Hayden knocking, I looked up he looked stressed "come in" "thanks" he sat in the chair opposite me and just broke down in tears, i wobbled round the desk and hugged him well tried to the belly got in the way, which made him laugh.
"You ok?" I sat in the chair next to him, he shook his head No, "I found my mate" "that's great" I looked at his face "isn't it" "not really" he sighed "whilst we were looking for you, I met this pack there Alpha being a guy called Alan, I met his whole family including his daughter on the first night I was there, the next night, the daughter comes running over to me saying I'm her mate, I don't smell anything but she is going on and on that I'm her mate, it's embarrassing, the Alpha just looks away, she won't leave me alone" "oh, so she be crazy then" "well I'm gay so I really hope my mate isn't her, because I ain't touching her" he said shivering making me laugh "so what you gonna do?" "Hide" "yeah...... you can't do that". I sat looking at him, he looked me in the eye, "can I tell you something, I hope this doesn't effect our friendship" I looked at him confused
"just tell me and we can go from there" he sighed nodding "you know I got depressed when I turned 18 and didn't find my mate" I nodded "well I was hoping, well praying you would be my mate" I was stunned, my mouth dropped open, but thinking about it, we did work well together "I......" I stopped talking and got my thoughts together "I can see where you come from, we work really well together, I don't think we have ever had a fight that I can remember, but unfortunately I never saw us like that, you were my best friend, my brother, my family, but thank you for telling me, it means a lot to me and no it won't affect our relationship" he let out a loud sigh "thank god"I laughed and hugged him being broke apart by growling coming from the door, we pulled apart "stop your growling, I'm giving my brother a hug" I winked at Hayden causing him to laugh more but stop when he saw Kingsley's face. He came up to me and wrapped his arms round me and the belly "Mine" "yes yes yours, we all get, controlling and possessive one" I let him smell my neck until he calmed down, he kissed my cheek then turned and walked out the room as if nothing happened, I turned to Hayden "Alpha's" "hey" I laughed "that will be you one day" "yeah but when" he mumbled making me sad.

Kingsley
Duke was not happy about Max hugging Hayden and made it known, I got him under control and just turned and walked out the room, well that was embarrassing but he shouldn't have been hugging someone else, I could feel Duke pacing in my head "show him who is boss tonight" he said making me laugh "yes tonight, tonight he is mine"
"Alpha there is an Alpha Preston at the borders asking to speak to you" this made Duke growl in my head and push through"what the fuck does he want?" Leighton stepped back "Umm he just said it was very important and that he wouldn't have come all this way if it wasn't" "is there anyone else with him?" Duke spat out "yes an older man, his father maybe and what I believe is his mate" im was so angry, Duke was angry I could feel it rolling off me Leighton ran from the room shouting "I'm getting Max".
Minutes later Max ran in "babe, is everything ok? How can I help? Would you like to feel the pups kick?" That brought Duke right out his angry faze, us nodding like a dog and walking towards Max wrapping my arms round his bump sinking to the floor with my head pressed against his bump, Max was running his hands through my hair, no one and I mean no one has every calmed me down that quickly it usually takes hours of me pacing around to calm down, I love my mate "I love you, I love you all so much" I said in the bump.  After 5 minutes of silence "Kings is everything ok" "no" I mumbled "my family are at the border asking to speak to me" "I know if I see them, I'm going to kill them" "would you like me to go speak to them instead?" "I would prefer it, if they weren't here at all" "We can see them together, but I don't want them in our home, so we can meet them downstairs in the main pack meeting room, I will link Leighton now"

————
Ahhh poor Kingsley
Anyways 3 chapters done - good night.