Chapter 16

Max

9am in the kitchen and my little team is all here.
"Morning" I said as I grabbed breakfast they were watching me like a hawk, waiting for something to happen this made me giggle, Kit raised his eyebrow at me, "Follow me" with that I turned around and walked down the hall and towards my little office that Kingsley had set up for me. It was small and cosy, had the usual office stuff with a couple of chairs and a sofa. "Hey, boys come in and make yourself comfortable" they came in Pedro closing the door they find themselves seats they still haven't spoken a word just watching.
"So as I am now Luna, alpha Kingsley said that I needed my own bodyguards and little team after watching you guys for the last week I realised you would make my perfect team therefore you are now on team Luna" I said with a smile, They looked at each other confused for a few seconds, Kit then turned to of each them then looked back at me "sure why not sounds interesting" I clapped my hands, making them jump, "you will get use to me, so first things first, let's get to know each other, my name is Max I'm 20 years old I have a son Princeton who is 2 and a half months old, I'm not comfortable talking about my past at the moment, but you guys will probably need to know about it in the future, ummm my favourite colour was purple" this made me frown and stop talking, "Was" Kit said "ummm yeah, I can't see colours anymore......" "ahhhh, ok well my name is Christopher but everyone calls me Kit I'm a hybrid wolf and bear, I didn't fit in with my old pack so I decided to do some travelling and found this place then found my mate Sarah here, I'm 24 and we have a pup on the way" "I'm Pedro, a bird shifter, I'm 20 like you, my parents moved us here about 4 years ago, I think blue is my favourite colour and I love pizza, I'm more of the quiet type" he said this whilst looking down at his hands then shrugged his shoulders "we are the twins, Luke and Lake, we are 21, we are the jokers, love a laugh, people usually get us mixed up" Luke said looking at Lake, they were identical apart from Lake had a few freckles on his cheeks and I noticed Luke used his left hand more "I think I can tell you apart, Luke your left handed and Lake isn't, also Lake has freckles on his cheeks and you don't, I will probably find other stuff once I get to know you" Lake had his mouth open "Wow, your good" I just shrugged my shoulders "I'm usually good at picking up details" "I have a question" Kit said looking at me "the pup is yours but you aren't an omega" I looked at Kit "that wasn't a question but yes Princeton is mine and no I'm not an omega I was or am a Beta, I don't want to go into the past but let's just say I'm special" I said trying to smile but I could tell it didn't work, he just nodded his head.
We spent the morning getting to know each other and sorting out our roles a little bit but basically we all work together. I let them know that they now worked for me and would be paid, tho Pedro is doing an online degree, making me think again about doing my degree.
It had been 4 weeks since the celebration and for the last couple of days I have been throwing up and have gone off my food completely. I currently have my head in a toilet
"Sweetheart, we really need to get you to the doctors, this isn't good, you have been sick for the last couple of days" Kingsley said rubbing my back, I lifted my head "well I have an idea, I think I'm pregnant" I watched his face closely and a massive smile appeared as he jumped up "right then I'm definitely getting you to the doctors, we need to confirm if you are pregnant and then start making sure you don't over do anything" "calm down, first let me shower ok" he nodded but I could tell he wasn't listening probably linking the doctor.
I turned the shower on and stripped out my clothes and stepped in closing my eyes and letting the water run down my body, I felt a presence behind me then felt a hand rubbing my belly "Hello little one, I can't wait to met you" Kingsley's deep voice said behind my head "we don't know yet King" I said leaning back into him "I have a feeling that's all" he kissed my head, there was nothing sexual about this shower, we just loving cleaned each other, from head to toe, we got out once the water had gone cold.  We got dressed and we made our way downstairs to eat breakfast, tho the thought of food at the moment just wanted me to be sick again, I sat there eating cereal very very slowly with everyone giving me weird looks. "Come on Max, time to go" Kings basically dragged me out the kitchen as people looked on confused, we made our way to the doctors clinic and knocked on the door
"Come in" we walked in "morning Alpha, Luna, how can I help you" Dr Hunts said walking over to us
"Max has been throwing up for the last 3 or so days"
"It's fine, I think I'm pregnant that's all"
"Well let's find out" she handed a cup to pee in, which I took and walked to the bathroom with Kingsley following me, I turned round and put my hand on his chest "you don't need to follow me into the toilet, down wolfie, go back and sit in the chair" I said pointing behind back at the chair he huffed and did as told.
"Well congratulations Alpha and Luna you are going to be parents" I turned to Kingsley to see his reaction as I was very very nervous, would he want a pup? But I had nothing to worry about he had the biggest smile on his face. "We are gonna parents?" He said basically jumping up and down in his seat, I smiled and nodded, I hadn't noticed the doctor leave but she came back with a machine.
"Can I ask Luna Max to lay on the bed and lift up his top so we can take a look at the pup?" I got up and walked to the bed and laid down, I went to lift my top up when Kingsley growled "calm down Kings, you want to see the pup don't you?" He looked at me and nodded, I rolled my top up over my stomach, I just got it back to how it was, I sighed
"You ok love?" "Yeah I....I just got by stomach back to being flat that was a lot of hard work and now I will have to do it again" this made Kings laugh, I narrowed my eyes at him
"Cold" I shouted "sorry the gel can be cold sometimes" Dr Hunt said as she was moving a wand thingy around my belly "look there you go, that little dot there is your pup" I never got any of this with Princeton, I turned my head to look at Kings and he was smiling at the screen whilst rubbing my arm, he looked so happy.
We left the clinic with a couple of pictures of the dot. Kingsley was like a child just bouncing off the walls "ok,ok calm down, I know your happy but please calm down just a bit" I said pulling on his arm. He turned and pouted at me "that face will not work on me" I said smiling at him. Once we were back in the house and in our room, he turned to me "So when do you want to tell people?" I shrugged my shoulders "ummm I dunno, I guess we can tell Leighton and Margo, I guess the boys need to know but can we hold off telling the pack just for a week or two, let us have some time just us knowing" he nodded.
The doctor said I was about 3 nearly 4 weeks, most pregnancies take around 6 months for an omega but they weren't sure for me and as I had no time scale for Princeton this was all guess work for the dot growing in me. I didn't realise I was crying until Kingsley's fingers wiped my tears away "what's the matter sweetheart?" He said hugging me "I'm ok, I just, I'm happy, I never thought I would get out alive and now to have you as my mate, Princeton and another one on the way it's just so real, I'm waiting for something to go wrong, for someone to tell me it's all a joke and that I'm still locked in the basement" he pulled me from the hug and looked me straight in the eyes "Max this is real, your not dreaming it's not fake, your free I'm real Princeton is real and yes we are having another one, I will protect you all, I love you so much Max" I gasped at that my mouth hung open "what....did you....huh?" "Yes I love you" he said kissing my nose "All I ever wanted was love, I love you too Kingsley" we were smiling at each other, when there was a knock at the door
"Come in" Kingsley boomed as we walked into the lounge Leighton popped his head in followed by Margo "sorry to interrupt, but we have some news" Leighton said smiling as he pushed Margo into the lounge, she was looking at me but still couldn't look at Kingsley but at least she could be in the same room as him. They walked closer to us, Leighton was bouncing on his feet making me laughed as it reminded me of Kingsley earlier this made me gasp making all 3 of them look at me, "I think I know what your gonna say" I smiled at them making Leighton frown "your doing the same walk Kingsley was doing earlier" I said laughing "no I wasn't....oh.....no way" he said turning from me to Leighton and Margo. "So can I tell you or not?" "Go on Leighton" "we are having a pup" both of them were beaming "congratulations" we both said I hugged Margo and Kingsley bro hugged Leighton, Kingsley looked at me smiling "go on then" he is just a big kid "well if your sharing we will to, Max is pregnant as well" they both congratulated us "so how far are you Margo?" I said "Umm 6 weeks and you?" "Nearly 4 weeks, so they can grow up being best friends" we sat around the lounge just talking "Max, I'm sorry you don't have to answer this but how are you able to get pregnant obliviously you aren't an Omega" I looked at Leighton then at Kingsley then back to Leighton "I'm not really sure, I have a girl wolf so that probably has something to do with it" "wow that's amazing" I heard Margo say "what's her name" "her name is Duchess" Leighton was just laughing, Margo had a confused look on her face so I explained to her "my wolf is called Duchess and Alpha Kingsley's is called Duke" "Oh, I like it, it's nice" she said nodding. We spent the next couple of hours talking and laughing, Margo has come such a long way since I first met her, she seems more at ease with me and definitely Kingsley.