Chapter 23

Kingsley

Listening to all 3 talk about what happened left me speechless, I know I have heard Max's part before, but listening to Hayden it all fits into place, their dads have gone mad, Max is so strong to make it through and only being a teenager. I'm happy that Hayden had nothing to do with it but I also feel on edge I can tell he was or is in love with Max and Max is too blind to see it, I don't think Hayden would do anything, I hope not, I don't want to kill him but I will if he try's to take Max from me.
They have spent a couple of days here now and I can see what Max meant Hayden and him just work well together, I see them working brilliantly as Alpha and Beta, a small part of my brain is wondering will he want to go back with Hayden once this is all done.
"Hey, Love" I'm broken out my trance by my beautiful mate, he wraps his arms round me.
"Stop frowning, I won't leave you, I'm not going back with Hayden, this pack, our pack is here" "how did you know?" "Mate bond, silly" he kisses my cheek
"I just missed him so much, I don't know what he is going to do, he said he wants the pack back but he doesn't know what to do about a Beta"
"He could reach out to other packs, see if they have any one, you know second son or daughter etc" he nodded "well I was thinking of Kit" he looked at me with puppy eyes, I thought it over "actually that's not a bad idea, he is part bear, tho he isn't a beta by blood he is very strong and he thinks like a beta, you could speak to both of them".
We sat down at my office desk "so Cara is going back to her pack tomorrow, Hayden would like to stay here for the moment if that's ok, I know Alphas don't like being around other Alpha's to much" "Yeah that's very true, well for me anyway, but he can stay, we need to get his training upped and him working with my warriors, also if you speak to Kit and he agrees they can start getting to know each other".

"Oh I completely forgot, you were in a meeting earlier, we got a phone call from the leader of a pack of fox shifters, they are asking if they can rent some land from us so they can have protection, 4 other packs in the last 6 months have been destroyed and they took in all the survivors most being children, the pack is not skilled in fighting"
"Ok, so you spoke to him, what do you think?" His eyes lit up " well I actually started to look into this, the pack is made up of 150 people and is a lot to find homes for in this pack as it stands but I went over the territory packs and the land next to us is empty so I may have already ummm purchased it from the council, 10,000 acres. I think that Matt the leader should lose the title of leader but be your Beta for the fox shifters, they can move into the new area build the homes, sort it all out themselves with how they want it set up but with you having the final say." He took a breath "I believe the land addition is perfect with the amount of shifters we have coming to us, we are going to need the extra space for homes, training grounds and just additional buildings, I think if the fox pack join we are going to need a bigger meeting room, so maybe we build something on the new land along with a bigger nursery. I have started working on the figures and costings but as I said they only phoned this afternoon"
I was so surprised, pleasantly surprised, he had put thought into it and had started to look into budgeting, he is making a perfect Luna and Beta.
"That sounds good, it's a lot of extra work, I like the idea of him being Beta, I would like to meet him before I make the final decision, work out the figures, find out if he has any money he can put towards it also find out the professions of his pack" he jumped up as much as he could with the baby bump "thanks baby" he said kissing my lips and running out the room. I shake my head laughing.