Chapter 22

Max

"Once upon a time, there was a boy who grew up too quickly, he was expected to do everything his best friend could do even tho he was 18 months younger, he was expected to be perfect he had to follow his father's foot steps and failure was not an option, if I wasn't at school, I was in the training grounds or in the gym or in the library, you know it's hard work jumping 2 years of school so I could be with Hayden, I had to act like it didn't bother me, but it did, I loved being with Hayden, he was my best friend but we didn't have a childhood, I watched other kids go to the park, muck around in the lake, hell even go to the mall just for the hell of it but we couldn't, but I knew it would be ok because Hayden had my back and I had his, we could take on the world...together" I stopped and closed my eyes to gather my thoughts

"Something changed in our fathers after I shifted, I know people were confused, I was a white wolf but not completely then I had a crescent moon marking over my face, do you know what that marking means?" I looked at Cara and Hayden. They both shook there heads no
"The crescent moon marking, is given to a Luna or Alpha, to give them abilities no that's the wrong word, it just makes me a little bit faster in running, I can shift quicker, heal quicker, I should be able to smell better" Kingsley patted my knee "its ok Love" Hayden looked at me confused "I lost my sense of smell and I can't see any colours, the amount of beatings I took to my face and body my wolf shut down and couldn't heal me as well, so I lost my smell and colours"
"I'm sorry" whispered Hayden "anyways so yeah I have this crescent moon marking and a female wolf, I never told anyone I had a female wolf and I only shifted a few times so I guess my father or yours found out and worked out that I was probably gay and it probably didn't help the fact that rumours went round the pack that we would probably be mates" Hayden nodded "yeah I heard that too"
"Well you know we would joke about our fathers always watching us, nothing much happened until you left for Alpha camp, that week was strange I felt like people were watching me, I just needed to keep my head down for 6 months then I would be off to camp but that never happened.

Once I got your letter, I grabbed a bag with a few things in it and ran for the borders, I never made it, I woke up in the basement naked and stayed there for 4 years" I was shaking uncontrollably, Kingsley picked me up and put me in his lap my head in his neck so I could try and smell his scent, listen to his calming heart beat. I could vaguely hear a worried Hayden "is he ok? Are the pups going to be ok? Can I get him something?" "Sit down" Kingsley growled out "he is probably having a flash back, or at least he is trying to stop himself having a flash back" Kingsley rubbed my back up and down up and down until the shaking stopped "do you want me to continue the last bit for you Max?" I nodded into his neck
"So ummm he wasn't just beaten up by your dad, his dad and head warrior they also raped him and sold him to other people from other packs, they did so much damage to his body that his wolf disappeared after the first year. He thinks people knew he was in the basement, maybe they didn't know it was him, but they must have known someone was down there, no one can be that stupid for that long" I could feel the anger rolling off Hayden that I turned my head and looked at him, his wolf came through, "they did what??" He shouted "those bastards, his own father, oh my god! I'm Going to kill them all" "please, Jamie, please calm down" I whispered his eyes snapped to mine and changed back to Hayden's Grey ones. "Yes they will get what is coming to them but first we have some pups that need to come into this world". We sat in silence taking everything in.

I untangled myself from Kingsley and stood up "come on let's go and get some lunch and talk some more in the lounge where it's more comfortable" everyone agreed and that's where we found ourselves 45 minutes later with ham and cheese sandwiches, crisps and of course cookies!!!
"I have a question if you don't mind Max" I turned to Cara "go on" "the pup we saw yesterday......is that....because of......." Kingsley cut in "Princeton is ours" he said in a tone that you backed away from, she nodded and went back to her lunch.
"So how far along are you?" Hayden said looking at my big stomach "I'm 14 weeks" "wow, how comes your so......" "large?" He laughs "yeah" "Ummm because I'm having twins and they think it's because they have the DNA of an Alpha and Beta but they aren't a 100% sure, it also means my pregnancy is shorter but they don't know by how much, our doctor thinks I should give birth in the next 6 weeks, but it's a guessing game" everyone nodded
"So where did you guys go once you got out the Packlands?"
"So as Cara said we stayed in a hotel for a couple of days, we then made our way over to Alpha Dylan's and we explained everything we could and he helped me get my strength up and called the council and that's when they said they needed proof" Kingsley snorted "they don't need proof, your word should have been enough for them to investigate, I would say he probably knows your fathers so be careful, maybe get this Alpha Dylan to look into the council person who has taken on your case"
"Ok, I will phone him later, we have then spent the last 6 weeks or so going to different packs trying to find you, it was hard because I couldn't tell them much, so they weren't very helpful, we weren't going to come here as it's far from our packlands but Cara said we are this way so why not and here you are I'm still not sure how you made it this far" he said smiling.
"I'm not either, but my mind just kept telling me to head west and I did until I collapsed in front of Leighton, the Beta of this pack" it feels good to get this off my chest, and knowing that Hayden wasn't involved is a huge weight off my shoulders but I can't believe my mother would act as if I didn't exist.

———-
It's all out in the open now.