Chapter 34

Kingsley

Due to the amount of pack members all meetings are held outside me and Max were currently standing on the stage in the corner facing away from where the pack will be standing, slowly people started to fill the field up we could hear them whispering, they couldn't work out who we are, after 5 minutes Duke had taken over "Quiet!!" I bellowed making everyone shut up as we walked forward to the centre of the stage.
"I am disappointed in everyone in this pack, how could you let this pack fall apart?" I shouted out "Right so, Alpha Preston and his father are now in prison and have been found guilty they are now awaiting sentencing, therefore the council have given me this pack, but to be honest I don't want you" everyone gasped "I didn't want anything to do with this pack, if I could I would have let you destroy yourself, just be grateful that My mate has a heart" I didn't say anything for a few minutes just pacing back and forth on the stage, Max was watching me careful "whilst clearing out the office, we found some interesting paperwork" people started to look at each other and some started to move back slowly "STOP, YOU WILL SUBMIT TO YOUR ALPHA!!!" Everyone stopped and showed their necks. "The council and pack law will be taking Beta Peter, Gamma Rosie and warriors Marc, Jack, Gemma and Ashley for crimes against this pack, neighbouring pack and illegal experiments on werewolves and humans" everyone gasped and started to look around, quickly pack law grabbed everyone they needed.
Max stepped forward "Hi my name is Luna Max and this is Alpha Kingsley, we" "as in Preston's brother?" Someone shouted, Duke growled "DO NOT interrupt your Luna EVER!" The pack whimpered "it's ok Kingsley" Max whispered. " Yes they were...are brothers" out the corner of my eye I saw Luke walking to the stage "excuse me Alpha Luna but Alpha Preston told us you died about 3 months after you left" this made Duke growl Luke took a step back "I did not die as you can see" I growled out "I made another pack far away from this place" I said looking around "Max explain to these.....people, what they have to do" he took a step forward "So as of now you come under Alpha Kingsley's pack Dark Moon Pack we are based in Oregon so with that being said you need to decide if you want to join us or move to another pack, we have spoken so some around here and they have said they will take people. Just so your aware we take all shifters, we have around 50 bears, 150 foxes, lots of cat shifters and bird shifters, you will all learn self defence including females and children, you will be expected to get job or help out around the pack to earn your keep, no one gets a free ride, any questions?" It was silent for a moment "Why didn't you come back for us when you set the pack up?" Luke asked I could see the hurt in this eyes, we grew up together he was my best friend. "I did try, I sent you letters with my new number but you never contacted me" "I never got your letters" I turned to look at Max "you have until tomorrow 6pm to decide and let us know at dinner, as of Friday this place will be empty, everyone who is in a house in town needs to let me know what they want to do, I will be selling the ones we own, the ones that we rent we have 6 months left on the rent but you will have to pay it yourself if you want to stay, people who own the houses out right but want to come with us, we can help you sell or rent it out. Now everyone go home talk to your families and decide what you want to do, if you have any further questions Max will be around tomorrow morning from 9am in the dining room, good night" with that I quickly left the stage followed by Max and headed to our room.
Duke was pacing back and forth across the room, Max was sitting cross legged on the bed "why don't you go and talk to Luke" I just growled "come on Duke let Kings have control back, he needs to find out what went on here and Luke was his best friend" I walked to Max and kissed his head, Duke gave me back control "Thank you baby, your the only one who can control Duke, I will talk to him in the morning"
———————————
I found Luke the next morning in the kitchen, I walked up to him "I would like to talk to you, are you free?" I asked him making everyone in the kitchen silent, he nodded his head and followed me into the office, I closed the door and sat down, he took a spare seat, we both sat in silence for a few minutes "I had to leave, I'm sorry I didn't try again after you didn't respond to the letters but I thought it best to leave this place behind" "I was your Beta, I could have helped" I rolled my eyes "you wouldn't have left this place without Becky and Becky wouldn't have left without her family" he didn't respond straight away, instead signing "I guess" "so what has been going on here then?" He shrugged his shoulders "Preston sacked me as Beta, brought in his own team of idiots and with he help of your father ran the pack into the ground, everyone was scared of Alpha Preston, we tried to help Luna Mark but we couldn't get near him most of the time, he was a horrible Alpha beating people, some people tried to leave but he killed them, well we were told rogues got them but really we knew what happened. I think someone went to the council but they disappeared and we never heard from the council so I'm guessing they had someone on the council hiding everything" this made Duke growl, my eyes changed to Dukes dark blue ones " This was why I didn't want us to come back, I have a family now, I could be at home with them but no, I'm stuck here dealing with this shit!" I looked at Luke who was tilting his head in submission, I got control of Duke and sat back down "So a family, how many kids?" I smiled "I have 4, Princeton is nearly 1 then the triplets Landon, Brandon and surprise baby Tory they are only a couple of months old, you?" He pulled out his wallet and showed me a picture of 3 kids "so Maggie is 5, we found out just after you left, then Dylan is 3 and a half then Kingston is coming up for 2 in a month" we chatted for a couple of hours.