Chapter 15

Max

I'm glad that we mated before the ceremony I think I would have got too stressed having the ceremony and mating at the same time, now I'm just stressing about the ceremony.
I am so surprised I didn't get any flash backs but then again there wasn't anything around me to trigger them I guess, Kingsley was gentle and caring and let me take control at the start letting me go at my own pace, our mating marks are the same two wolves nuzzling each other in front of a crescent moon and I have Kingsley's name under mine and he has my name, I love them.
"I just keep finding you staring at a mirror, anyone would think you were vain" Kingsley whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms round me, I just rolled my eyes "I just love the mark, it's perfect"
"Are you ready?" I looked down at myself, white shirt with 2 buttons open, tight black jeans on "yeah, I guess" we have spent the last 4 days in bed so Leighton and Margo had to sort out the ceremony and look after Princeton, when Kingsley said the marking would start my heat I didn't expect it to start straight away, luckily it faded yesterday afternoon. I turned to move and wince making Kingsley laugh"No laughing mister, this is your fault" I said pouting, he kissed my forehead "come on beautiful, go grab Princeton's bag and I will get the pup" I nodded and walked off to get the bag waiting at the front door for my family, I love it my family all mine.
We could hear everyone before we saw them, we turned the corner and I gasped, there must have been 500 people standing around with a stage in the middle and tables in a line at the far end of the yard, I'm guessing that's were the food is going to be, no one had noticed us, Leighton walked up on stage "ladies and gentlemen, you are all gathered here tonight for one very special reason and I'm so excited that I get to say it" I heard Kingsley mumbled "child" making me giggle "our grumpy Alpha, has found his mate and our Luna" Kingsley growled when he said grumpy "what you are" he just rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd and got to the stage just as Leighton finished talking. Kingsley walked up on stage his Alpha aura coming through people where clapping, I walked up very slowly behind Kingsley and Princeton "Good evening, that is correct I have found my mate our Luna, Max and our son Princeton, who was in his arms watching everyone, I want everyone to welcome Max and Princeton with open arms and as of tomorrow, Max will jump straight into the role of Luna" Princeton was handed off to Leighton "Max please step forward, Max Rightington do you promise to fulfill the role of Luna to the best of your ability helping our pack in all there needs" "I do" he then cut my hand with a knife and then his and held them together, I could feel the pack link connect and then I felt the Luna title fall over me. "Welcome to the Dark Moon Pack Luna Max" Kingsley shouted and everyone started clapping, Kingsley hugged me then kissed my forehead "Food will be out shortly please enjoy the evening" with that we left the stage and music started playing, Leighton handed Princeton back to me.
Kingsley took me round introducing me to different people, I'm never going to remember everyone's name, I may have finished school early but names was never my thing, about 2 hours after the ceremony, Margo asked if she could take Princeton home, I'm surprised she lasted this long she hates crowds, I was standing talking to a group of teenagers when out the corner of my eye I saw 4 guys coming to me at this point my instinct is to find a corner and hide but I stayed my ground and looked them straight in the eye the teenagers took a step back behind me they were all shorter than me but the 4 guys were around my height an inch or 2 taller
"Good evening gentlemen" they just stood looking at me, I tilted my head "can I help you at all, or your gonna stand there like lost idiots? Because I have better things to do" the teenagers sniggered "Like what?" "Oh I don't know, watch paint dry, oh I know watch grass grow now that is interesting" I said with a smirk, the teenagers behind me are now laughing and 2 of the guys were smiling then started laughing "come on Kit, he is funny" Kit just growled at his friend, "Hi I'm Luke, that's Kit as you know then there's Pedro and lastly my twin Lake, sorry about grumpy but he likes to see what your made of" "Hi Luke, nice to meet you not sure about the others, Kit your doing very well with the grumpy angry wolf but I'm afraid you will need lesson from Alpha Kingsley if you want to nail it" with that a growl was heard through the crowd and they parted "like that, now that's angry and scary combined" the 4 guys straightened up as Kingsley came and stood next to me "Everything ok, Max?" "Yes I'm good, I just met some new people, Luke, Kit,Pedro and Lake, tho Pedro hasn't said anything apart from stare at me" I waved a hand in front of his face "Sorry" he mumbled "I like them, can I keep them" I said turning to Kingsley he cocked his eyebrow "I'm so confused, but sure you can have them" I turned back to them and clapped all 4 had there mouths open "What, what what you gonna do with us?" Lake stuttered out "Oh nothing much" I smiled at them "see you tomorrow 9am in the kitchen" they walked off "what are you up to Max?" I shrugged my shoulders "come on" I took his hand and walked into the house and into his office closing the door "well I need my own little team you have Leighton, really you need a Gamma as well" he nodded at that "I was thinking of asking one of the bears" "Yeah that's a good idea anyways, as the guys walked over I noticed they work together really well, I had spotted them last week and they seem so in sinc with each other, they reminded me of me and Hayden, and I was so care free and I loved a bit of a laugh and fun, I feel like I lost it all and I want it all back, I want friends I can trust, I want a family that's made up of friends as well. Pedro is quiet, Kit is definitely the protector of the group, I think they expected me to step back, I think they were expecting an Omega but I'm not sure, I'm gonna ask them, do you know if they are warriors, hunters, trackers?" Kingsley turned to his computer and was typing away "Pedro is a bird shifter, the twins are wolves and Kit is a hybrid wolf and bear, Pedro is a Tracker, the twins and Kit are part of my warrior team but I like the idea of you having your own little team so, I'm happy for them to be your personal bodyguards so to speak" "Yay" I kissed him on the lips and let's say we christened the office.