Extra Chapter 1

Extra Chapter 1

*****

*Eli's POV*

"Paps, are you sure you've got her?" I chuckled when my father narrowed his eyes at me and then just turned back to the little girl in his arms seemingly about to coo at her but he quickly looked back up.

"Eli, did I ever tell you about that time I dropped you when you were little –?" My jaw dropped open as he gave a laugh, "Thank God you healed so fast because, damn, that was –"

"Dad –" I looked over at him and he shook his head to show that his mate was just messing with me before frowning at the man across the room.

"Corey, stop making Eli freak out."

"He deserves it, acting like we didn't spend eighteen years of our lives taking care of him." Paps rolled his eyes before returning to cooing at the baby.

I shook my head and began to head towards the door but not before mumbling under my breath, "Pretty sure Dad did most of the work."

"Eli, what did you say?" I laughed as I jogged away from the house hearing Paps call out from behind me.

Looking back, I smiled feeling somewhat torn that I had to leave because I didn't want to leave her, but it was basically routine. When we started out our combined pack, the people in both former packs decided Karabo and I had to do everything together because they did not completely trust each other yet. Three years later, we still did everything together because we complimented each other so well... when we weren't disagreeing. Our pack seemed happy that we were both always working together as it made communication and decisions faster and I did not mind having so much time with my mate.

Being uncertain about how to approach going about finding a new Alpha, we figured we would try to have a child and see if they were born as Alpha. Karabo's pack seemed to think that if we surrogated with a werewolf, she would automatically be Luna, and a human could be convinced into the position. They did not, however, think a vampire becoming Luna would be appropriate so we opted for experimenting and had a vampire surrogate carry the child born from Karabo. We went with a half-blooded vampire considering that a normal vampire's gestation period was much shorter than a werewolf's.

It turned out well as the pack didn't want her to be Luna and we now had a healthy little baby girl, that part they weren't too happy about but we couldn't have cared less at the moment. Since she was only a quarter vampire, she didn't need to feed on humans, which was great, and would still be able to compel like I could. We had lots of time to figure out the Alpha situation and see if he was born from one of the Galaxy wolves, but for the past eleven months, we had been focused on life with Nyra while managing the pack.

If I thought I didn't get much sleep when I was working in the past, Nyra proved that I was wrong about that by taking away what was left of my downtime. Luckily Karabo's mother and my fathers knew exactly what to do with her and we usually managed to get some hours of sleep before heading to work.

"Hey, Babe," I called out as I peeked into Karabo's office. He waved at me without a word and I could hear Ashton's voice from the phone he held up to his ear. I stepped into the office and leaned against the wall beside the door listening to what sounded like a briefing before Karabo responded to him seriously.

"Alright, just keep us updated for the next few hours."

"Will do."

"How's our Beta?" Karabo's tone completely changed as he grinned and I smiled.

"Restless and very fussy recently," Ashton said, "I think it's because he's almost ready to shift. How's Nyra?" I tilted my head as my mate looked up at me for the answer because he had been at work an hour longer than I had. Ashton's son Alex had been born beta a couple of years ago, since he was close to turning three it was almost time for him to shift for the first time. I had not seen my nephew in months, which sucked but we were always busy and when I saw my sister, Ashton or Richard, it was only for a few hours before they flew to the other half of the pack.