Chapter 2.

*****

"Eli, calm down." Ben grabbed my shoulder. I had not even noticed that he had joined me outside.

"I didn't know she was leaving. I would never let her – I figured she-she probably went or something, but I waited for her to get back for over an hour, I couldn't feel her pull, I still can't –" Obviously in his state, he wouldn't be able to focus on her pull, he was too scared and worried, it was clouding his abilities. I grabbed Ashton's shoulders and stared into his eyes.

"Calm down." I felt his tense body relax beneath my hands. Compelling was a trait my pack had never had in the past; that was until my fathers and Ashton's parents met. Ashton's mother and my dad Jayden were a breed of wolf that could make anyone do things just by looking into their eyes. Most of our pack still couldn't do, but because of our parents, Ashton, Tamia and I could and since I was as strong as I was, I could compel anyone – even other Alphas. "Focus on your mate," I commanded. He nodded.

I watched as he took a few breaths before he looked around and then set off running down the street. I followed him with Ben closely behind me until we stopped running near our hotel as he crashed into Tamia, instantly locking her in a tight hug.

"Ash –" She spoke a soft laugh.

"What the hell?!" He questioned letting her go the same time I asked, "What were you thinking?!"

"I'm sorry, Love. I just took a walk and I bumped into someone, literally – and he offered to pay for the food I spilt." Tamia gave Ashton a hug before she looked at me, "I was thinking that with the amount of time you were gone and who you were gone with, and guessed that the two of you probably did not end up getting any food." She said to me as she lifted her hand to show me a bag. I glanced at Ben and he chuckled glancing away guiltily. I smiled.

"'He'?" Ashton was looking behind Tamia.

My eyes followed his and I felt my heart skip in my chest as they fell on the person my sister had 'bumped into'. For a few seconds everything around me seemed to fade. The people, the noise and all I could hear was my wolf's frantic howling and yelping in my mind along with the intense thumping of my heart.

Mate.

Wait... but he's...

My eyes drifted over him taking him in slowly as I tried to figure out if I was reading him wrong.

"Alpha?" He finally whispered what I had been thinking.

"Yes – this is my brother, the Alpha I told you about. His name's Eli. Eli, this is Karabo –"

"The Letsela pack, you're their Alpha." I cut her off nodding slowly. A tinge of his scented reminded me of George and Kevin from the beach. His scent was making it hard for me to smell anything else as my senses seemed heightened towards him, I felt light-headed as my body urged me to lean into him to get a closer smell, a feel...

"How did you know that?" She asked.

"Kids on the beach mentioned their pack..." I mumbled before clearing my throat as I looked back into his dark brown eyes. He looked just as stunned as I felt, and I knew I was doing a better job than he was at hiding my shock.

"Karabo, are you alright?" My sister attempted to check if he was okay but Ashton grabbed her hand.

"My mate," Ashton growled pulling her back into his arms. She shot him a frown.

"Ha. You don't have to worry about that." I said lifting my hand to scratch the back of my head nervously.

I knew it. I always knew meeting my mate would be awkward. Most humans and witches did not know who their sole mate was the instant they met them, it gave them time to get to know each other comfortable. I had no idea what to say to him avoid making myself look bad or weird.