Extra Chapter 2

Extra Chapter 2

*****

*Eli's POV*

"How many eggs do you want?" I looked over at the kids and frowned seeing Neo already eating a bowl of instant oats, he pointed at the bowl giving me a half-hearted smile and continued scrolling through his phone as he had been doing since walking into the kitchen. He had only moved his eyes from his phone to greet us and pat Jack who had been eating his morning kibble. Jack was so old he barely did anything but sleep, but I didn't even want to think about having to say goodbye to him soon because the thought always made me tear-up.

"One," Aslinn replied.

"Two," Nyra said.

"Two for both. One isn't going to keep you filled throughout your training." Karabo spoke.

"Do I have to? Everyone else is hanging out at –"

"Aslinn," I cut her off with a stern stare, "skip this session again and you're doing extra training for a month."

"But it's just this once and I –"

"Nope," I cut her off.

She glared down at her plate, "Why do I have to train so much anyway? I'm not a Delta."

"You're still one of the strongest wolves in our pack, we might need that strength sometime and how would you help out if you have no fighting ability?"

"But I already have fighting ability. Please, please, everyone's gonna be there."

"Aslinn, stop being lazy." Nyra shook her head.

I looked at Aslinn surprised when she didn't say anything back to her sister and noticed that the pair were linking because Aslinn was smirking while Nyra's face had gone slightly red. I narrowed my eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing." Nyra said way too quickly, it made Karabo – and even Neo – look up at her questioningly as well, "Anyway, um – can I have boiled eggs instead?"

"I figured you would," I replied pointing to the eggs I was boiling.

We continued breakfast talking about random things. We were rarely able to have such a calm breakfast, but since it was Saturday and Karabo and I had managed to finish everything we needed to do the previous evening, we figured it would be the perfect time to not have to rush through making everything before we needed to head to work while the kids got ready for their lessons. It had been ten years since Neo was born and things were going pretty well for all of us. The pack was doing great and we did not face as many war-related problems since Karabo joined me. What can I say? He was better at talking people down (including me) and avoiding unnecessary fights than I was.

Aslinn had not changed a bit since she was little when it came to training, but everyone thought it was cute of her and that added to her already cute image – which was annoying given the amount of attention she clearly got from the youngsters, particularly males, in the pack. Nyra was pretty popular as well, mostly because not even young Deltas could beat her in training which was pretty epic, though that meant us having to train the Deltas harder. She fought so well, we sometimes let her train Neo and he loved training with his sister, she never went easy on him. Neo was... quiet. He didn't seem too close to anyone in the pack outside of our immediate family except Alex and that seemed to be just because Alex was his beta, they were cousins and trained together a lot. With Alex being as confident and outspoken as he was compared to Neo who barely even smiled and rarely said a word during the meetings we let him sit in on, it wasn't surprising that the pack elders were leaning more towards Alex when they wanted to talk address the young pack leaders. Karabo and I had tried a lot to get Neo out of his shell because I knew he would be a great Alpha despite the rest of our pack currently being unable to see that, but that was just who he was. Introverted and very, very quiet. No matter how many club activities we made him take part in, he didn't budge. I was hoping he would become a little more outspoken in the next few years before he would take over as Alpha.