Chapter 26.

*****

*Karabo's POV*

I turned over in bed, blinking as I woke up before immediately groaning and covering my eyes and face as bright morning light shone in past the curtains I had forgotten to close the previous evening. I must have been really out of it last night after trying to stay up all night because I could hear that Eli was still awake downstairs, but I must have fallen asleep somewhere in between and dreamt that...

Was that a dream? Him walking into my room and suddenly kissing me? It had to be. Why would he randomly change his attitude? The memory was so vivid though...

I pushed the blanket aside and got out of bed to begin making my way to the bathroom but stopped as I focused on our pull. I'd expected to feel him nearby, at the gym or in his office at the recreational hall because he chose to work there rather than at home so that he could avoid everyone, but it did not feel that way. The pull felt too far away for him to be anywhere on Galaxy grounds. Had he gone to the city nearby? No, he was moving in the opposite direction. Wait. The kiss had not been a dream, Eli was up to something. What did he mean when he said he was fixing himself?!

I felt panic fill my chest as my body tensed. He had come to the same conclusion I had, that they needed to be taken care of. He was going to try to take Nicholas on by himself. But he wasn't strong enough yet! I looked towards the door conflicted. He will need help, but he would not want it... and definitely not from me. He would be so mad if I help him. It didn't matter how he would feel about me stepping in though, I needed to. He could not handle them alone, not in his current state.

Could I really take him hating me more?

I would have to. If I didn't go after him, he would get hurt again. That was so much worse than having him be embarrassed or angry at me. I bit my lip as I pulled on a pair of trainers and went running downstairs.

"Karabo?" Eli's father's voice spoke up as I passed by the kitchen without addressing anyone.

"Track Eli, I have to go!" I called back to Corey while sprinting from the house. I ignored his confused and concerned calls for me as I headed into the forest.

I focused on Eli's pull hoping he had not found them or the other way around, but knowing him, he had. It would not be hard with his warlock powers.

I felt my eyes burn, less from the wind because of my speed and more because of the terror filling my chest. What was he thinking? He wasn't. He could not be. There's no way Nicholas, being the coward I had heard he was, would be alone. I should have known what Eli was going to do. I should have stayed up and spoken to him or followed him when he left my room, instead of falling asleep.

Damn it.

*Eli's POV*

I slowed down my running until I was walking slowly while focusing on the glow in my hand before my eyes moved to the trees around me. Nicholas was somewhere around there...

"You're really going to keep being a coward?" I spoke out loud. I could smell him behind me.

"Coward? You ran away, Eli." His voice confirmed his position.

I curled my fingers into a fist effectively making the glowing map disappear into it as I turned to him.

"Is your owner here?" I asked.

I could sense his energy; he wasn't even trying to hide it, probably because he thought it would intimidate me. It did, but I would never show him that. He had gotten so much stronger in so little time. Craig...

Nicholas gave an annoyed breath through his nose, "A few days home and you're back to your disrespectful self. Someone needs to be put back in their place." I clenched my teeth trying to hide how humiliated I was by the last few hours we saw each other.