Chapter 32.

*****

My eyes were shut even though I was trying to stay awake because I knew that Karabo and I would have to get dressed before anyone came home and found us much less clothed than the first time they had interrupted us. We hadn't moved and it was just so calming to lay there with him despite everything feeling so much more intense because of our marks. I did not want to move away, did not want to break the contact I had against his warm skin at the moment. Our pull was so strong and I felt incredibly attached to him, more so than before. The thought of even moving across the room seemed upsetting to my wolf. I was afraid that if we moved from our position we would have to deal with the whole issue of his pack being on another continent, whatever he wanted to speak about earlier and I would have to keep my word to my parents and go speak to someone about my... issues? Ordeal? Whatever. I didn't really want to speak to anyone but would have to because no one was going to let it go. I just wanted us to stay there and never think about anything more than just how perfect the moment felt, pretend everything outside of my office did not exist.

"Eli?" I didn't move nor open my eyes. His voice held the same serious tone it had earlier when he said we needed to talk. "I know you're awake." I pouted hearing my mate laugh.

"I'm tired though." I groaned.

"After just one –?"

"Don't you dare," I shot him a narrow-eyed glare. He burst out laughing and I shook my head.

"Right, you were tired before that... which is why..." he drifted staring at my neck. I assumed he was looking at the mark that had appeared after I bit into his neck, it was most likely identical to the one on his neck. I studied the slight smile on his face as his fingertips brushed over the mark softly before the smile disappeared and his serious eyes returned to mine. "Can we talk?" he asked. I sighed moving my gaze to the fabric of the couch behind him.

"Can I say no?" I replied in a mumble.

"Right, I shouldn't have asked because it's not optional," he said seriously.

I chuckled turning to lay on my back but cried out as I slipped off the couch, my back slamming against the wooden floor as Karabo burst out laughing. That was until I grabbed his arm and tugged him quickly rolling out of the way so he could land on the floor as well. He punched my side making me groan.

"Damn Alpha," I hissed rubbing my waist.

"Sorry, I wasn't sure how hard to hit. Wanted you to feel it," he mumbled. We chuckled.

"Let's just start over," I said staring at the roof when our laughter died.

"Can't exactly do that." he poked the mark on my neck making my skin tingle slightly and I grabbed his hand so I could keep the feeling without his finger stabbing into my neck. "Eli..." he mumbled. I sighed shaking my head, still avoiding his eyes and heard him shift closer to me. "Fine. You don't have to talk about any of it right now, but you don't have to pretend nothing happened around me, just know that I'm here and it really makes me think nothing different of you. To me, you'll always be the asshole Tamia introduced me –" he was cut off by my pushing him away from me and he laughed as his shoulder bumped into the base of the couch. I watched as he turned onto his side to smile at me and I shook my head as his smile faded again, "Seriously, Eli. I may have no idea what you went through, I can't possibly imagine... but I know what it's like to fear losing your position or being unable to defend your pack... I know what it's like to always have to be or pretend to be strong, to always fight and appear pretty much invincible. You don't have to do that around me..." His eyes didn't move from mine as he spoke until he added, "We can be okay with not being strong around each other. I mean, right now neither of us are Alphas, you're just my mate, I want to – need to know when you're hurting... so I can help."