Chapter 13.

*****

I walked into Karabo's room opening the door as quietly as I could and peeked in to see him sleeping soundly. He looked so peaceful and unsuspecting. I smirked stepping into his room quietly as I clutched the glass of icy water in my hands. I had been helping his mother make breakfast because we were both early risers and she asked me to wake him up. Since he was planning to head to training later than usual, he was sleeping in.

"If you pour that on me, I will kill you." my brows rose when my mate mumbled that before his eyes lazily opened to glare at me. My face melted into a grin.

"I wasn't going to..." It was true, I had just poured myself the water to drink when his mom asked me to wake him, but since he brought it up... "Well... You're going to take a shower anyway, just think of it as a pre-shower."

"Eli, don't –!"

I emptied the glass of water on his head causing him to let out a shout before I laughed running out of the door while he yelled from behind me.

"Eli, what did you just do?" Tamia asked as I made it to the dining room, slowing my pace so that I was walking.

"I woke Karabo." I grinned and Thandi laughed. 'You told me to try to make it work, I was just helping him.' Tamia's eyes narrowed at me.

"Oh my God, it's like living with my parents again," Ashton said as he sat at the dining room table. I chuckled.

We all sat down and began eating breakfast while we spoke about what we were planning to do throughout the day. Karabo's mom was going to have lunch with Richard's parents and the rest of us were going to the beach. I looked up and smirked when my mate finally joined us and he frowned back at me, his glaring, narrowed eyes telling me to sleep with one eye open before he gave a smile while kissing his mom's cheek and sat down beside me.

"How did you sleep?" I grinned at him teasingly.

He looked at me with a smile that made me feel uneasy. I didn't like how he seemed to suddenly brush off his awakening; obviously this smile was hiding something. He was definitely not just going to let go of how I woke him.

"Great. Did you sleep?" He asked, his devious smile softening for a moment.

"Nope," I replied reaching to pour some juice into Karabo's glass.

"Again?" Ashton asked concerned.

"I'm fine." I smiled at him.

"Why haven't you slept?" Thandi asked, her voice mirroring Ashton's concern. They didn't need to be worried, it was just silly nightmares.

"It's nothing. Probably just the travelling – I'm not used to the change in time-zone yet." I assured everyone before turning back to my mate. "You're coming to the beach, right?"

His face skewed into uncertainty and he began to look apologetic. "I really would like to, but I have to –"

"Ashton and Richard can take care of it." I cut him off.

"What?" Ashton asked.

"You guys get to be in charge for today." I looked at my Beta. 'You said you wanted more responsibility back home, show me you can handle it with Richard.' I linked to him.

"Alright, yeah, we'll take over." He said confidently.

'It'll be good for your Beta.' I linked to Karabo.

He studied at me thoughtfully before looking at Ashton. I watched as he gave a slight nod still looking uncertain as he dialled Richard's number. Richard sounded ecstatic about the idea of being completely in charge for once and Karabo pointed out that it was just for the day before he hung up.