Chapter 14.

*****

I turned the TV off with a heavy sigh before dropping my arm back onto the seat. I never watched the news and had just reminded myself why. If I ever felt like I was in the mood to hear bad news and have my mood drop completely, I'd watch the news again. I shut my eyes letting my head sink back against the seat while letting out a yawn. Being unable to sleep again had left me feeling lethargic, I should have just watched a comedy to try to lighten my mood.

My eyes popped open and moved towards the arch opening that led to the hallway as footsteps sounded on the stairs. I smiled feeling Karabo before he even stepped into the living room and once he reached the opening, I gestured for him to come over. He frowned slightly but accepted the invitation.

"Why do you have to be up?" The question made me chuckle as Karabo fell onto the space next to me, "Eli, what are those dreams about?" He turned to me concerned.

"Nothing. Like I said: I'm not used to travelling down here..." I gave him a smile and leaned to kiss him but he looked at the black TV screen in front of us and crossed his arms, "Seriously? You're mad because I woke up before you?" I asked in disbelief.

"I wanted to make breakfast for you," he muttered.

I laughed but quickly paused seeing that he was still pouting at the screen. Well...

"I thought your cooking wasn't that great?" I questioned.

"I can cook... Well, I can make one thing really well, so shut up." I chuckled but he still appeared to be mad so I caved leaning close to him.

"I could go back to sleep... or... What do I have to do?" I asked kissing his cheek lightly.

"Don't move. I'll make breakfast. It's not like you went to bed anyway." he said. I agreed. That was true.

I watched as my mate jogged into the kitchen before chucking to myself as I leaned back to down across the couch. I smiled listening to him move pots around in the kitchen while my eyes studied the roof above me. My nose immediately caught the smell when he started cooking and it made my mouth water. It smelt so good and the fact that I knew he was the one cooking made it all the more appetising.

When he finally walked back into the living room, I couldn't wait to eat and sat up crossing my legs on the couch so he could he place the plate of food on my lap.

"This is spaghetti." My brows furrowed at the meal. No wonder he took so long.

"I know, eat up." he replied.

I chuckled and began to lift some food while he watched intently until I placed the fork full of food into my mouth. His gaze didn't change as I chewed while staring back at him amused by the amount of attention he was giving me at the moment.

"So?" he questioned, a devious glint on his eyes. He looked so mischievous, it was adorable.

"Did-did you make this extra hot?" I asked opening and closing my mouth like a fish and fanning my fork lightly.

"Very." He smirked. The meal was his payback for the water, wasn't it? Well...

"Awesome, I love hot food." I grinned eating another fork full. I watched his smirk fall before he gave an annoyed grunt and grabbed the plate from me. "Hey!"

"It's messing with my nose: I hate hot food," he stated walking out. I laughed jumping off the couch to sprint after him, grabbing the plate back once it was in reach.

"You make it really tasty though, you weren't lying when you said you made one thing really well. Thank you, Babe." I kissed him and he quickly covered his lips, his face twisting in slight pain.