Chapter 36.

*****

I pushed myself off the ground trying hard not to show how much effort it took and looked at Trevor who was smirking back at me. I had not been doing very well in our fight, mostly just trying to dodge his blows, failing miserably while I tried to gain enough strength to put up a fight.

"Eli, if you give up now, I might decide not to kill you," he said.

"Yeah?" I asked not really minding the fact that he was wasting time talking because it gave me a few seconds to recoup, "Come on, Trevor, we both know if you could kill me you would already have done it."

"Anything to make yourself feel better," he chuckled.

I dodged his fist as he swung out at me and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind before I threw him onto the ground. The entire thing seemed to do more harm to me than him because I was just more exhausted after it. At least I had him off his feet. I got in a couple of punches to his face before he rolled us over and began retaliating. I shielded my face from most of his blows while trying to figure out how to turn it around.

I didn't want to shift. My leg was still an issue and that would be too much of a disadvantage when going up against another wolf. When he slowed for a moment, I lifted my arm to lock it around his neck and twisted my other arm around his. He let out a painful groan and I kept forcing his arm back until I heard his shoulder crack.

"Eli!" I looked past Trevor wondering why Richard would call me right now and saw him standing next to a man I had never seen before, he did not seem to be a werewolf. A warlock? Oh. He had probably stopped the spell.

I shoved Trevor off me and scooted back on the grass before muttering a spell. He instantly clenched his abdomen but still managed to get onto his feet. My magic wasn't as strong as I would have liked, but it would have to do because I had absolutely no energy left to draw from. Trevor attempted to come at me again but I revised a spell in my head and watched the Alpha in front of me go up in flames, stumbling away from me as he began to scream. I didn't bother trying to move, needed the energy I had left to keep the spell going as he fell onto the ground and tried to put it out. Horrific screaming filled the clearing as he continued to roll around without the fire even slightly dying and I felt my body heating at the over-exertive use of my magic. I stopped the spell knowing that I needed what was left of my energy to keep moving and pushed myself off the ground before limping up to him as he tried to put the rest of the fire out. My eyes fell onto his legs. Might as well... He broke mine first, so...

I stepped on his knee and gave a smile as he screamed while my foot crushed it. Maybe I should go all the way around him breaking limbs? I lifted my foot to his other leg.

"Eli," I looked at Richard hearing him hiss again and saw a look on his face that told me to stop messing around. Right, Trevor would probably recover from the fire pretty quickly. I gave a nod before stepping on Trevor's chest.

"I told you," I said looking down at him. He lifted his hands, they were shaking. He was healing fast, his skin barely getting a chance to blister.

"Fine. I give up," he hissed through ground teeth as he glared back at me.

I raised my brows and gave an amused, dry chuckle. Fights for pack leadership were to the death, all Alphas knew that. Did he think I would let him go? No. Especially after Karabo already gave him that chance. I stepped on Trevor's neck and watched his face as he grabbed my foot trying to push it away while he began choking for air as I put my weight onto my foot. His face reddened before I stepped down hard hearing a loud crack. I kicked his chin to rip his head from his body just to be certain he was dead before looking over at Matthew.