Chapter 21

*****

I coughed and pulled my knees to my chest. I felt so cold, my head was pounding and terrible coughing kept ripping through my chest preventing me from getting any sleep. Was that what having a cold felt like for humans? Because it fucking sucked. I brushed the sweat from my forehead surprised by it because I was freezing and shifted my eyes to the door as I heard it unlock. It had been some time since I heard that, yet I was still annoyed my solitude was being interrupted. My hearing had diminished so much I couldn't hear anyone walk by outside of the door. I watched Nicholas stroll in.

"Oh. I forgot to bring you food again. Oops." he chuckled. I didn't respond. Food was the last thing I cared about recently. I didn't know how long I had been there, did not know how long it had been since I saw him or Craig but I knew I had not gotten any better in their absence. My body didn't seem to be healing fast enough to deal with the amount of wolfsbane in it.

I had gotten used to the burning running through my body but not how my arms seemed to become heavy or numb at random times.

"You could just eat more of this instead." he grinned.

"No. No –" I cut the instinctive mumbling off when I realised my thoughts had left my mouth. I felt worse than ever and I knew my body couldn't take anymore wolfsbane.

"What was that, Alpha?" he asked smirking.

I bit the inside of my cheek. I wanted to curse at him and fight him but I didn't trust my voice at the moment. If I spoke, I might have begged him not to touch me.

I felt him nudge my head before wincing as he hit the side of my head harder but I didn't respond. He chuckled and hit me again.

"What's wrong, Alpha? Too weak to fight me?"

Yes. It would be pointless trying to fight him and I would only sustain more injuries. I hated myself for being that weak. Alphas never backed down. Never... But I was afraid. He could kill me if he wanted to, I wouldn't be able to put up a fight.

I gasped clutching my stomach and doubling over when a force slammed into me.

"You know, I always knew you were weak, Eli. And deep down, you knew it too," he said.

I felt dazed as he kept talking while he hit me and I didn't hear a word between his blows or respond as I tried to cover some parts of myself until I received a sudden stab to my arm making me cry out as he twisted the knife a little. I winced as he pulled it out while shoving my head back against the wall and we both stared at the wound as it bled. I felt my eyes burn with tears. Because everything hurt like fucking hell and because of the fact that it wasn't healing. I wasn't healing. Not even very slowly.

"Wow, look at that... A few litres of wolfsbane and you're nothing like I've ever seen you. I'm actually quite disappointed in you, Eli. I mean I didn't expect much but this? I'm sure Sean and Corey would be too." I watched Nicholas play with the knife in his hand trying to mentally prepare myself for another stab. I clenched my teeth at the mention of Ashton's father, the Alpha that preceded me and my father, the Beta before Ashton. I bit my tongue as he moved suddenly and the knife pierced into my thigh. I was not prepared for it.

"Apple obviously didn't fall too far from the tree." he chuckled. He was referring to how my dad was an Omega, one of the weakest wolves in our pack. I kept my eyes on his hand which still held the knife in my leg praying he wouldn't twist it like he previously had in my arm.

I was almost relieved as he pulled it from my leg without doing anything more, I hoped he would leave but he knelt down in front of me and grabbed my chin lifting it so I would look up into his eyes.