Chapter 4.

*****

I sat comfortably while staring back into his glaring dark brown eyes unfazed. We were in his office and he was standing at his desk while my friends and I were seated on the couch and on chairs placed around the room.

"Karabo, we're sorry –"

"No, we aren't." I cut Tamia off. His glare at me deepened and I didn't react to it at all. I could feel his temper rising even though he was trying to hide it.

"You beat some of my Gammas up for no reason."

"Ah. They were Gammas." Gamma wolves were just normal wolves. "I was hoping your Deltas were not that weak... Whatever, we had reason to. They commanded that we follow them."

"You..." He drifted before he shook his head, "This was because they told you to follow them on THEIR territory?" Karabo said; his voice was laced in disbelief.

"Uh... yeah." I said simply before I held up my hand knowing that he was becoming really pissed at me, "Would you have followed if you were in my position?"

"Yes," he replied, "Because I would know they were leading me towards my mate after I stepped onto their territory unannounced and they did not attack me."

"Sure you would have." I rolled my eyes obviously doubting his words. He clenched his teeth continuing to glare at me silently for a few moments before he spoke again.

"Alphas like you are the reason everyone thinks we are all brain-dead, blood-hungry animals." He snapped.

"Excuse me?" I lowered my brows, straightening up in my seat.

"You fucking made my entire pack hate you before they even met you!"

"Well, your pack shouldn't have –" I looked up surprised as Ashton's hand suddenly covered my mouth.

"Karabo, we really are sorry. We will apologise to them." My sister spoke, I knew she had linked to Ashton to make him cover my mouth.

"Apologise?" Ashton's hand dropped as he questioned his mate in surprise.

"Alright." Karabo's mood lightened in less than a second.

"Ha. There's no way we..." I cut myself off when my eyes met my sister's icy glare before I looked at my mate and his brows were raised questioningly waiting for me to finish. I did not want to apologise, saw no need to, but did I really want him to be angrier at me? We just met. I just wanted to hug him, I doubted denying the apology would make him allow me close to him. "There's no way I could apologise without apologising to my mate first." That's not where that sentence had been heading to begin with, but with it, my sister's glare softened and Karabo smiled. I pushed myself out of the chair I was seated in and walked up to where he had been standing in front of his desk. "I'm sorry I beat them up, it won't happen again if you tell them who I am and they don't go demanding –"

"Wow." He cut me off with a scoff but I ignored his continuous disbelief and shrugged.

"Let's be honest, none of this would have happened if you just told them you were expecting me."

"I wish I had not been expecting you." He frowned at me. I gasped lifting my hand to my chest in mock hurt.

"That hurts, dear Mate." He stared at me completely serious and I dropped my hand letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry, alright?"

"You're so sincere." He replied dryly.

"Oh, come on!" I threw my head back before I looked at Karabo's desk as something beeped twice. He moved to the door and pulled it open.

"Alpha –"

"I'll be out in a second." His tone had changed as he nodded to the man outside his office before he looked at my friends and then me. "Try not to act like hooligans while I'm gone." His eyes said his statement was directly aimed at me. I felt my anger flare but Ben grabbed my arm and Karabo left his office shutting the door.