Chapter 33.

*****

"You want to do what?" Sean's brows were raised in shock that mirrored everyone else's beside him.

"This wasn't my idea." I frowned towards Ashton who raised his hands and shrugged at me when our eyes met. "You literally just brought this up."

"First for me too," Richard said from the screen beside me.

"You want... to let two Betas run a pack?" Jason asked slowly, as if trying to confirm what we had just said.

I stood beside Karabo surrounded by elders and retired and current leaders from my pack, we had decided to call a duel pack meeting, with his pack's current leaders and elders joining us via webcam. We just explained our plan of having Ashton and Richard co-Beta and Karabo and I co-Alpha for a period of time before we swapped packs after a year or so.

"Our pack?" one of the Letsela pack Elders asked. I still had to learn their names. He didn't look too impressed by our suggestion.

"Yes, Morris, but only for a period of time and then they will run Galaxy and we'll take over Letsela." Karabo said.

"So... like a part-time thing?" my dad said, his scepticism matching Morris'.

"For long periods of time," I said and lifted my hands before anyone more could speak. "What we're saying is we've thought about it and we think it will be a very positive change if we combine packs; we'll be on two continents, we'll grow much faster, we share battles, land and secrets. Basically, we'll be so much stronger and bigger."

"Until two Betas unnecessarily get killed by one enemy Alpha." I felt a little betrayed when one of Galaxy's Elders said that but glanced over at the Ashton who was currently standing with his jaw clenched looking both confused – probably still because of our suggestion – and somewhat angered by what was said.

"They're strong. They're two of the strongest Betas in the world; they're much stronger than some Alphas." I argued.

The room was quiet and I glanced at Karabo feeling his nervousness and worry, he was trying to hide it so badly, I was actually proud I was the only one that could tell how worried he was.

"Tell you what," I turned as someone on the screen behind me spoke.

'Army Delta, Zain.' Karabo linked to me. He looked like one of the elders, so I assumed he was long retired.

"We'll have a fight," Zain said.

"A fight?" Ashton asked.

"Yes. We know you can't win, but it would be reassuring to know you can at least hold your own against our Alpha – well, one of our Alphas." Zain explained. It was small and he still looked sceptical but I was glad at least one of our pack members had just referred to Karabo and me as a collective, it gave me hope that he already thought we would be able to merge despite his proposal.

"You mean fight Eli?" I raised my brows at Ashton's question.

"Fight Karabo." The man corrected, "Richard would have to fight Eli."

I held back a sigh. I figured they would say something, but had not guessed it would be this. My eyes shifted to Richard's face and I could tell he was looking at me on their own screen.

"Uh..." Sean's voice cleared behind me. "Fight... to prove that they can defend against other Alphas, I presume?" he asked.

"Exactly."

"That... actually seems like a really good idea," Jason said.

"Of course, to be fair there would be no magic usage." My father added, I knew the response he would get before he even finished speaking.