chapter eleven

♡︎ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻 ♡︎chapter eleven

chapter eleven.

shouldn't that me be enough for me!
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"i'm telling you i don't know how." ariadne said standing in the water. they were at the beach because payton wanted to teach ariadne one of his self proclaimed 'white boy activities' that normal people call surfing.

at first ariadne was hesitant because she hated the beach but maybe payton could change her perspective on it. instead of it holding heartbreaking memories maybe he would change it to a loving memory.

they were both in their wetsuits, further out from the rest of the people at the beach for a sliver of privacy. "and i'm telling you i can teach you." payton smiled at the girl in front of him.

ariadne pouted. "i'm not standing on that thing yet payton," she said gesturing to the board payton was keeping close to them. "my legs will start shaking and i'll fall into the water."

payton grabbed ariadne face. "if i promise to not let you fall, will you let me teach you?" he inquired.

ariadne blushed at the cliche thing he just said and smiled up at him. "then we can both look stupid?" she smiled.

payton raked his hands through her very long wet curls and kept it there, he loved her hair. "then we can both look stupid." he leaned down to kiss her. ariadne pulled his closer by his hips and smiled into the kiss.

they pulled away and payton took his hand out ariadne hair. "time to die!" ariadne exclaimed and grabbed the board as they both walked further out into the water.

"get on the board baby." payton said tapping the board. ariadne listened to his instructions and scooted over a little so payton could have room. "i'll push you a little out more but hold on tight." he instructed and ariadne nodded.

"you have to wait for the larger ripples in the water because they'll eventually become mini waves." he gestured to one right behind them. "wanna try to ride that one?" ariadne didn't bother to try to tell him to fix the way that sentence sounded.

"yeah."  ariadne braced herself, payton pushed them a little further in the water before he got on the board next to ariadne.

"when if comes try to push the board up by using your upper body and make sure to stay on the board." he whispered in her ear. ariadne turned her face over looking at the wave that would hit them from behind.