chapter twenty one

♡︎ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻 ♡︎chapter twenty one

chapter twenty one

hurt feelings!
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

it was now 2020. new years had past some weeks ago and it only reminded ariadne that she didn't go into the new years with payton like she thought she would have.

instead she sat at the dinner table while everyone around her gave their significant others kisses. she kissed her cheesecake and a few glasses of champagne.

she wasn't depressed or anything, at least she didn't think she was. she was just really fucking sad. so sad she didn't have the energy to eat or shower.

all she did was go on her phone and occasionally stare at her chandelier, not that she could see the shine of it.

her blinds hand been closed for weeks.

to ariadne it hadn't felt like weeks. it felt like years had gone by. ariadne could have sworn it was 2021 instead of 2020.

she didn't know how she felt about the whole breakup. the first week she cried damn near all day everyday. the second week she tried her hardest to keep her grades back up since she had to start doing school again. the third week everything just went numb.

she couldn't really feel anything, it was oddly satisfying. she had thrown out all of payton's stuff out, even the lava lamp.

ariadne didn't even want a replacement anymore.

the forth week was the worst. payton had been posting all on social media with every and anybody. it made ariadne feel like she didn't even matter.

she already felt used, him posting with other girls did not help her self confidence at all.

she'd been having self conscious thoughts. she even started wondering that maybe the she was the reason why payton didn't love her.

maybe she wasn't good enough.

maybe she wasn't actually his type, he seemed to like blonds and brunettes not frizzy curly haired black girls.

for gods sake he cheated on her with a hispanic girl who looked much more older than ariadne did despite the girl being younger.

maybe it was her you know? ariadne knew she wasn't the most prettiest when it came to the looks department but she had everything else.