chapter fourty nine

aspen, colorado 📍 february 15, 2021

aspen, colorado 📍
february 15, 2021

the warmth of the light shining in the room brought ariadne out of her peaceful slumber

the warmth of the light shining in the room brought ariadne out of her peaceful slumber. she groaned and laid there with her eyes closed for a few minutes hoping she could go back to sleep.

why was the sun so bright?

thought swirled through her head and she instinctively reached over to zephyr's side of the bed.

it was cold.

she frowned and opened her eyes, sitting up when she saw that he really wasn't there. she pushed the covers off of her and went into the bathroom so she could get ready for the day.

what a terrible way to start her day— her boyfriend not beside her after they had fallen asleep together after he fucked the shit out of her.

she paused... her boyfriend. zephyr was her boyfriend now. she let the beaming smile overtake her face and she grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste.

he was her boyfriend and she was his girlfriend.

they had confessed their feelings for eachother.

they might as well get married at this point.

she brushed her teeth thinking about him. what was he doing since he wasn't by her side when she woke up?

did he leave?

she hadn't even checked her phone to see if he left a text or something.

what if he left her in the house all by herself and went back to california?

he wouldn't do that... right?

no that wasn't even like zephyr, he was too loyal.

and that made her think about their newfound relationship. would things be different between them now? she was a girlfriend now, she had to put in some effort.