chapter fourty eight

aspen, colorado 📍february 13th 2021

aspen, colorado 📍
february 13th 2021

"so where are we going to be staying

"so where are we going to be staying." ariadne asked as her and zephyr rode in another rental to wherever they were going to be staying for the week.

aspen was beautiful. it was like a winter wonderland dream. snow was practically everywhere.

zephyr looked over at ariadne before he looked back at the snowy road. "my house." he vaguely said.

he wasn't lying though, they would be staying at his house.

she looked over at zephyr and scoffed. "what you mean "your house"? your house is in calabasas ." she said.

while she was right, the house his mother bought him for christmas was in calabasas, but he did have other places. "it's my dad's house but it's in his will, when i turn 18 all of his houses will belong to me. this is one of them." he explained.

the house they currently stayed at was his dad's retirement house. the only house that zephyr wouldn't own until leonardo died. all his other 6 places would be all zephyr's.

ariadne nodded. "oh." was all she said. she forgot all about inheritance.

what would she inherit when she turned 18? what else would zephyr inherit? these were all questions that needed answers.

"what does it look like?" she asked.

"you'll see." he smirked. he was so persistent about aspen for valentine's day because he loved being there during the winter.

and the house was magnificent.

they turned on a long barren road that eventually lead to the house and words couldn't describe how ariadne felt when she first saw it.