chapter fourteen

♡︎ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻 ♡︎chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen.

the hype!
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"you don't have to do this you know." payton reminded ariadne as he parked his car. he really wasn't ready for this.

ariadne took her head off the window and looked at her boyfriend. "do what?" she asked unbuckling her seat belt.

payton looked over her face for a moment before he responded. "meet my friends." he shook his head. "i was perfectly fine with you not knowing they existed." he shrugged.

"i want to meet your friends thought— they're your friends after all. and besides didn't you tell me they've been dying to meet me?" ariadne reminded grabbing her purse off the floor. 

payton laughed humorlessly. "no, they've been dying to meet beyoncé's daughter not ariadne carter." he said and ariadne frowned.

she really didn't know what to say to that. but it sounded like payton was saying that his friends were clout chasers. "well- i- we."she stuttered. she forgot how people could be when it came to her. "maybe if they met me they would want to get to know me more you know?" she said.

peyton sighed. "these are tiktokers ariadne, they do anything for views." he would know.

ariande gave him a funny look. "you do know that you're one of those tiktokers your talking about right?" she reminded him. was he trying to imply that he was a clout chased?

payton playfully rolled his eyes, understanding what she was implying. "yes but i love you— they don't love you like i love you." he pointed out. "they would use you." that much he was sure of.

"no they won't." ariadne tried to convince herself.

payton looked at her softly, despite everything ariadne still expected the best out of people. "baby i know these people, trust me when i say that."

ariadne frowned, finally letting go of the naive idea she had. "but wouldn't they think i'm conceded if i didn't meet them." she didn't need any more people talking down on her.

payton actually rolled her eyes at her statement. "i don't care what they think." he really couldn't give two fucks. they weren't dating her so their opinions on ariadne didn't matter. "look the second you feel uncomfortable you let me know and we'll leave."