13 | Mike, Do You Copy?

The two teenagers had been sat in the police station for over an hour before Hopper and Joyce waltzed in.

"Hey," Joyce called, bringing their attention to her "Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?"

"I'm fine" Jonathan said lowly as he pressed the almost completely melted ice to his knuckles, Joyce looked up at Callahan with a horrid expression,

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" she asked,

"well, your boy assaulted a police officer, that's why"

"Take them off."

"I'm afraid i cannot do that."

"Take them off!" Joyce raised her voice, this, clearly was something she didn't need,

"You heard her. Take 'em off" Jim stepped in,

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see" Powell sighed. the three cops headed outside to Jonathans car, which they towed to the station and looked in the trunk- they found the 'monster hunting' stuff. Minutes later they came back with the big box in hand, and threw it down in front of the two,

"What is this?"

"Why don't you ask your son? we found it in his car." Jim said lowly, side eyeing his daughter in the process,

"what?"

"Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan defensively asked looking up at the over 6'3 man stood in front of him,

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now? I wanna see you in my office."

"You won't believe me"

"Why don't you give me a try?" He uncuffed Jonathan and started leading him to his office, "Mia, come on"

"What! me too?" she groaned as Callahan grabbed her shoulder, pushing her behind the other three "Jesus man"

"Your an accessory, you do not get to go away without a warning just because your my daughter, now sit"

Jim shoved Callahan out of the room as he sat on the desk, Joyce copying before Mia and Jonathan got passed the folder that was sitting in the back of his car, it was full of all the evidence they had gathered of this monster, the pictures Jonathan took, and the drawing Mia had worked on that morning, they told them everything but the fact that Mia had ended up crawling through a tree and got chased by one of these things, how she almost died at its hands, they gathered that that would be too much to handle.

"You say blood draws this thing?" Jim asked, staring his daughter down,

"we don't know" Jonathan huffed,

"it's just a theory" Mia added. Jim looked between the four of them after studying the pictures some more and he sighed,

"You know what, i think we both need to speak to our children," he looked down at Joyce who stood at his words and lead her son into the hallway shutting the door behind her. "So, anything else happen, something you'd be scared to tell me about, in front of Joyce?"

"Stiles was there"

"what?"

"Stiles. he was at the fight, he was taunting Jonathan too you know,"

"Yeah," he waved her off "I don't care about the fight, I'm talking about last night. neither of you seemed to be 100% on your stories. And do not hide this from me Mia, I've seen this crazy shit too, i was the one who saw the fake will, I was the one that broke in to the lab, I've seen... most of it"

She let out a deep breath and looked up at him, maybe it wasn't too much, it made sense to tell him, "I- it, it almost got me, last night... that, t-thing" she pointed at the picture "I like, I went to another dimension or something," she chuckled at how stupid she must of sounded "It was dark, and wet... everything was slimy... there where spores, just like you'd described that gate...it was f-feeding on a deer... i uh... then it chased me, i-i could hear Jonathan but I couldn't see him, he said it was the same for him, he could hear me but couldn't see me. it was terrifying... I tried running but all that was there was trees, and i could hear it, screech and stuff as it ran after me... Jonathan, him and Nancy, they managed to help pull me out..."