21 | Dart

Hours later Mia walked into her room, and the second she did her radio buzzed,

"Hey uh mia, please be home... I have a deadly situation... code red. over" Dustin's panicked voice screeched through the small device, she rushed over to it, remembering back to her nightmare,

"What's happened? Dustin are you ok? Over" she panicked

"I'm ok?" He questioned himself "could you come over? Like now? Over"

"Yeah! Just let me get changed, ok? And I'll be right there, over"

"Ok thanks! Over"

The second the static started she threw her radio on the bed, which was all messed up from her mom, and grabbed the first things she could find to make a decent outfit, it ended up being her filthy black converse, a pair of somewhat-baggy jeans, a Black cropped tank top, an old shirt of her dads she used as a jacket, and her back pack. She threw her stupid dress and heels to the corner of the room and carefully laid Eddie's jackets on her desk chair, before storming out of her room, ignoring her mom and brothers questions by pulling her headphones over her ears and hopping onto her old bike,

Once she got to the Henderson's she ran in, not bothering to knock since his moms car wasn't there,

"Dustin? where are you?" She yelled, before he rushed from the dinning room, his hand flying over her mouth as he pulled her backwards and out into the yard, only when he stopped did she see what he was wearing, making her cover a laugh "Uh... what's with the gear?"

"It's dart, he... he got bigger.... and he.... " He whispered, waddling up to his bedroom door, the leg pads he wore clearly making his job a lot harder, "well now... i need to get him out of my room... and into the cellar"

"What the hell Dustin!"

"Just... help me!"

"Do i not get any special gear?!"

Dustin gave her only huge eyeroll that he could only just see under his football headgear, but she groaned, stepping back as he knocked lightly at the door, "All right, Dart. Breakfast time!" he yelled, slowly sliding the door open "Run" he practically whispered before stomping, open legged through the hallway, a string of, 'oh my god' and 'shit' pouring out of his mouth. Mia furrowed her eyebrows at the door to his room, nothing stepping out, but there where noises, so she walked behind him, making sure to hurry her pace as they got closer to the shed at the bottom of the garden. The two stared out the little slats, waiting for Dart to follow the trail of ham, "Come on. come on, I know you're hungry" Dustin begged just before his eyes widened as he saw the small, dog sized creature walk out the door "Yes yes yes yes"
The second Mia saw it, she got flashbacks- images of the Demogorgon's filling her mind as she watched Dart bounce his way towards the cellar doors, its face opening up exactly like a Demogorgon's, and it's build- it was skinny, and if it stood on its two hind legs it would be exactly the same as what she had faced last year.
but suddenly Dart stopped and turned to the shed, eyeing up Mia and Dustin, he quickly backed into the wall, heavily breathing as she carried on starring. She'd found herself gripping onto a old baseball bat as she went to open the door, Dustin tried to grab her but his hand slipped due to the oven gloves he wore, She quickly swung open the door and ran for Dart, and as he lunged for her she took a swing, making him fall into the cellar; the second he was in the two hurriedly shut the door on him, locking it.

"I'm sorry" Dustin panted, looking down at the doors "But you ate my cat"

"It ate Mews?"

"Yeah... we should actually, probably throw her body now..."

Mia shook her head violently, "Oh no no, you've got the protective gear... Plus its your cat!"

"Ok! at least help me burry her?"