48 | 'leave me alone...'

The next morning Mia woke up feeling numb, all she wanted was to lay in bed and never get up. She thought it was just because she was drained, all she's been through those last few days was catching up to her.

"Heyyy, rise and shine princess," Eddie called as he walked into the room, instantly trotting towards the window and opening the curtain, making her pull the sheets over herself "you need to take your pain killers, then I need to head into town, grab a few things—" he stopped himself when she had completely rolled herself in the sheets "Jesus, come on sleepy face, get your ass up," he sighed, grabbing his jacket from the desk as she tried saying something, but it just came out as a quiet mumble "what was that mumbles?" He crawled across the bed to her side, "come on get up. We can stop by the diner grab something for breakfast? I'm buying" she showed no reaction, she didn't even move "hey, hey. Are you okay? You feel sick or something?" He asked, trying to move the sheet to catch her face,

"Leave me alone," she grumbled as she rolled back over to her previous position facing the wall,

"All right," he furrowed his brows, still laying next to her "do you want me to bring you something back?"

"Leave me alone..." she grumbled again, making him push himself off the bed in a huff and throw his shoes on,

"Fine what ever. Sleep all day, see if I care" he remarked, the bitterness flowing from his lips, all he wanted was to be with her, look after her, but she was being difficult. She listened as he stomped towards the front door, being stopped by a worried Wayne, she could hear them talking but couldn't make out their words, but when she heard the front door slam she huddled herself back under the sheets.

#

"Jesus H. Christ, it's after five, are you trying to set some sort of fucking record?" Eddie groaned as he practically threw the bedroom door open, he understood that she was sad, her old best friend and Dad just died, but he could tell that that wasn't how she'd mourn, there was something else. He threw a pillow that had ended up on the floor at her "your not still sleeping, get up." He watched her as she still didn't respond "Mia. Are you high? Did you take something?" Still no reply "okay, do you want me to call the the doctors at least, let them kn—"

"God! Just leave me alone!?" She shouted, instantly making him shake his head and walk out, leaving her alone with her thoughts for another few hours before the door opened again, he didn't say anything, only crawled in bed beside her and faced the door. No words where shared between the two as they both started drifting to sleep.

~~~

"billy!" Max's voice rung in her ears, her scream piercing as she watched the Mind Flayer impale her brother. Mia's vision clouded over as she watched, the tears threatening to fall.

"No, no, no..." she whispered, shaking her head, waiting for the monster to drop him before sprinting up to him, pulling him into her arms "it's okay... you'll be okay just-just some stitches right? yeah?" She cried "b-billy"

"Mia" his voice strained "this... is all your fault"

"W-what?"

"It's.... All your... fault"

"No. No no billy, no that-t's not fair! I-it's not my fault.... Please!" She cried harder,

"I'm dead because of you"

"No"

"Your the reason max won't ever be truly happy"

"Billy!"

~~~

"Mia, wake up!" Eddie shook her awake, his face seeming concerned, "your having nightmares again?"

She shook her head, and huffed, instantly wiping her tears away and shifting back around to face the wall, still not talking to him,

"Mia... you got to talk to me, you can't just lay in my bed all day and night and just ignore me the whole time!" He ranted, but got no reply, as he had gotten used to "what the fuck" he quickly whispered and copied her actions, moving to face the door.

#

"Are you going to get up today?" Eddie sighed as he walked around the room looking for some clothes, "I've got band, you can come with, or we could go to the diner? You love that place... come on Mia"

"Leave me alone..."

"What the hell man! I'm trying to fucking help you! I don't want you to be like this but your just not— fuck sakes!!"

"Eddie," Wayne had found himself tiredly stopping his nephew, "don't, just give her a day or two, shes had a lot to process alright?"

"Yeah well it would be a lot easier for her to deal with if she didn't ignore me!"

"Eddie.... Just go, she might be better when you come back, ok?"

"Yeah I fucking doubt it," he rolled his eyes and left, slamming the door yet again,

"Hey kid?" Wayne never left the doorway, Only waited for Eddie to leave before speaking "you gotta speak to him properly, he— he's never been very good with emotions and well, he lashes out. He always thinks the worst when people are distant, that's jus' cause of his parents... you gotta approach him differently. Cause if his dad died he'd be laughing, he doesn't understand how close you where to Hopper..."

She just let out a shaky breath in return and huddled back under the sheet. She didn't feel anything, she didn't feel bad for Eddie, she didn't feel annoyed, she didn't feel anything. Her head was empty, the only things running around where billy and hopper. Why them? Why not her? How does she always skip past death every time they get thrown into those stupid situations?
She just wanted to rot away...