44 | 'ever been in love?'

"Do you think we've puked it all up?" Steve asked a few seconds later, his voice horse,

"Maybe," she shrugged "ask me something," she giggled slightly before putting on a Russian accent "interrogate me"

"Okay. Interrogate you. Sure, um... when was the last time you, uh, peed your pants?"

"Today" she quickly replied,

"What?" He chuckled,

"When that Russian doctor took out the bone saw"

He laughed harder, his head pounding "oh, my god"

"It was just a little bit though," she kept giggling

"Yeah, it's definitely still In her system..." he groaned, making her laugh again as she sat herself up, facing the wall for his cubicle,

"All right, my turn" she sighed

"Okay, hit me"

"Have you..." she thought for a second "ever been in love? Like madly in love..."

"Yep. Nancy Wheeler... what was it? First semester, senior year..." he imitated a gun shot before laughing,

"I still can't believe you loved her... she's such a bitch" Mia rolled her eyes,

"Hm" he nodded "and it turns out she's more than that" he huffed, thinking about her and Jonathan, leading Mia to do the same,

She scoffed "are you... still, in love with Nancy?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I think it's because I found someone who's a little better for me. It's crazy. Ever since dustin got home he's been saying 'you gotta find your Suzie. You gotta find your Suzie.'"

"Stevie I'm not 100% sure she's even real."

"Yeah... well..." he took a long pause, as if he was thinking about what to say next, he huffed "this girl, I mean first of all she is hilarious. She's so funny. I feel like the whole time I've been getting closer to her, I have laughed harder than I've ever laughed... in a really long time. And she's smart, way smarter than me. You know she can crack, like, top secret Russian codes, practically skip death, She is a amazing kisser... oh and can fight like hell... you know she's honestly unlike anyone I've ever met."

Mia brought her knees to her chest, hugging them, his words struck her hard once she realised who he was talking about... cracking codes and fighting... the skipping death.... He was talking about her...

"Mia?" He tapped on the stall "Mia, did you just OD in there?"

She took a few seconds before she lightly lift her head, pressing it against her knees "No. I am still alive..." She took a deep sigh as she switched positions again so she was resting against the wall. She could hear Steve shuffling around just as his feet-- followed by the rest of his body- slid from under the stall, "The floor's disgusting."

"Yeah, well, I already got a bunch of blood and puke on my shirt, so... What do you think?"

"About?"

"This girl."

She shrugged "Yeah.. uh she sounds... Awesome?"

He shot a nod "She is awesome. And what about the guy?"

"Well... I think he is on drugs, and he's not thinking straight." She sighed,

"Really? 'Cause i think he's thinking a lot more clearer than usual."

"He's not. Look... okay, this girl... She is kind of otherwise occupied?" She huffed "I like you Steve, really I do. But not in the way you are implying, okay? And i am really, really sorry that im having to tell you this, but you have to understand okay?"