53 | 'I Love You Eddie'

In the past 3 days Mia had started her two jobs, going back to the arcade was weird, just standing inside watching a load of kids run in and out, abuse a couple games, she knew she'd much rather be at the pool, practically sunbathing all day and saving an occasional kids life... and the diner was just as she imagined, quite boring besides the jokes she shared with Benny— but both jobs where only bearable whenever she snuck her own drink in with her- that being beer, vodka, tequila, whiskey, she was drinking what ever she could get her hands on. She was using bennys shot bottles to pour into her cokes, downing them in one go just to get through her shifts without being miserable...

But one good thing that came from the Starcourt Mall incident was Robin and Steve got new jobs in 'Family Video' the video store adjoining to 'Palace Arcade', meaning they where closer to Mia everyday, meaning they where seeing the difference in her, the difference Eddie was very slow to notice...

#

The morning of Billy's funeral was as somber as ever,  it was like the world knew how sad the day was, no birds were chirping in the early warm morning, no one was about, it was just Mia... on the porch... alone with about five empty beers and one clasped around tightly in her hand by her side, her eyes glued on the neighbours dog just trotting around the fenced-in yard they had, not barking as it usually would. Wayne and Eddie where still fast asleep, both of them probably dreaming happily, and a Eddie probably thought the pillow now securely in his grasp was his girlfriend snuggled against him.
She knew that it wouldn't be long until they woke, since the sun was rising.... And Billy's funeral was early morning...
Mia ended up spending the next half hour drinking the rest of her beer, and in that half hour stirring had started in the trailer, it was definitely Eddie, his metal music playing softly... but loudly enough for her to be able to hear...

"Hey Mia? Are you in the bathroom princess?" She could hear him knocking on the bathroom door, then hearing it quickly squeak open. "Mia?" His voice was clearly laced with worry as he darted through to the kitchen and living room not finding her there either... "seriously, what the fuck..." he groaned, the front door throwing open as he stepped out, a cigarette between his lips...
The second the door shut he jumped a good five feet, his girlfriend sat silently, fulling dressed ready for the funeral,

"Holy shit... your up already?" He chuckled "thought I'd have to... like drag you into town..." he sighed as he got closer, his eyes pricking at her drunken look, the beer bottle in her hand and the others by her side "fuck... really? It's 8am...."

"It's got to be 5pm somewhere...." She lightly whispered, making herself laugh,

"Ha ha funny... what are you a dad now?" Eddie rolled his eyes, "you know Mr. Hargrove won't be very happy if you turn up drunk right?"

"I want to go"

"Okay.... But what I'm saying is... it's not very respectful that your practically hanging..."

"It doesn't matter! I... wanna go Eddie!"

He only rolled his eyes again and stumped out his cigarette, leaving her in her place on the porch as he went to get changed.
He took a good hour, with doing his hair and such but he was back outside, standing next to her sat on the practically broken rocking chair,

"Right, come on." He groaned as he lift her practically limp arm, pulling her to lean against him, dragging her to the van and up into the passengers seat, "your sure you want to go?" He quickly questioned as he started the van, looking over at her,

"Yes" she mumbled, roughly pulling the seatbelt over her, gesturing for him to start driving. And he did, he drove carefully down into town, afraid of coming across the hearse- scaring mia before they got to the funeral. It took him a few minutes to park up at the church, leaving the van locked as he searched through all the compartments for a pair of sunglasses, plastering them onto her face before finally letting her out, holding her up as he walked towards Stiles and his baby stood under a tree,