The Beggining

~•~ Tessa's POV ~•~

I looks at myself in the mirror I have in my room, with my shirt rolled up to my chest, looking at my flat stomach. I let it fall down to hang around my curvy waist. And look up at myself, at me brown summer tan, with dirty blond hair that falls to my breasts in nice curly waves, my emerald green eyes with long lashes, covered with mascara. I was considered one of the pretty girls at school, but now that Im failing, I wasn't that noticed. But I have Leo, and my art. Speaking of Leo, he'd just texted me. I grab my cell from the bedside table and read his text.

Meet me at the corner of your block 😄

Okay, cya in 5 😝
I texts him back, then grab my backpack from the floor, running down stairs and out the door before Dad can tell me to eat something. I quickly give Max, my little brother, a nookie. Then I run as fast as I can, out the door and around my block to meet up with Leo. Since I'm faster then any guy in my class, I make it there before 5 minutes are up.

There, leaning by the stop sign, was Leo Lewis. Tall and lean, he has dark brown hair, you could mistaken as black, that fell just over his brow. He was pale, but not ghostly pale, and he had dark blue eyes, like the ocean at night. "Your early Fleming," He stats as a simple fact. "Yeah, I know Lewis," I reply. He chuckles silently, " Oh Tessa," then starts walking towards school, knowing I'll fall in step behind him, like every other dumbfounded girl does, because of his hot Emo looks. But I walk with him because he's my best friend, not because I'm drooling over his looks.

After 20 minutes we make it to school just before the bell rings. Leo and I take our separate ways, and decide to meet up again at lunch. I head to math class. Boo. Mr. Pepai, my least favourite teacher.

~•~ 2 hours later, at lunch ~•~

I grab Leo's hand and tank him into the girls washroom while no ones looking, and before he can get to the Cafeteria. He looks at me shell shocked, " What the f-" I cut him off, "Language Mister." I hear him mumble "English," under his breath. "Okay you know why I called you in here." I state.

"Yeah, yeah I do. Not so much of a call though." He scowls. I give him a deadly look, and he raises him hands in surrender. "Ooookay, just take your shirt off already." I pull it over my head, turning my back to him. It doesn't both me much, showing my bra, or bare skin to a boy. But he is my best friend, so it doesn't bother me at all. His fingers glide over my lower left shoulder, lightly touching the paw print. The one that I've had since.. forever I guess. But lately, it's been firing up, suddenly it will turn into a red the colour of hot coals in a fire. It happens in the middle of the night, in class, or when I'm painting. Sometimes it's so brutal that my vision goes black, and I pass out. I don't understand. It seams to pulse at the beat of my heart. It's been doing this for the past 4 months.

"Tessa," Leo says worriedly.

"Yea?" I ask.

"This paw you have on your shoulder... Its not a regular birthmark."

Not a regular birthmark?