Having To Go On

~•~ Max's POV ~•~
Tessa's only been gone a week, but I already missed the moment she vanished into the woods. It was strange not having her around, it all seemed so quiet, and with Leo gone, it all just seemed even worse. But I had Olivia to keep me distracted, and my mind on something else.
Right now we were attempting to build Frosty the Snow Man in the back yard of the Wolf House. We already had the bitten rolled out, and I was doing the mid section and Olivia was doing the head.
"Hurry up, slow poke!" She rushed me, I rolled faster and harder, then rounded up to here.
"Happy?" I ask her, looking down at the medium sized snow ball.
"I'm pleased!" She exclaimed, "Help me get it up." Olivia states rather then asks. We both grab the bottom of the snow ball and then lift. After a few try's and fails we managed to get it up, along with the head.
"Finally, we're finished!" I huffed loudly.
"Finished! We aren't done, he needs a face, and arms! And clothes to keep him warm!" Olivia exclaims, pouting.
"It's a snowman Livy!" I tell her matter-of-factly.
"I know, but there's no fun in having a plain snowman! Now common and lets go and get some things to finish him." She grabs my arm violently and drags me into the house.
"Stubborn much?" I mumble under my breath. While going into the house we pass the office, where we hear mumbled voices.
"I'm worried, we need to send help. Or a medical team." I hear Mr. Addams say to someone else in the room.
"They have Laura, I'm pretty sure she can handle it." This confirms that Mr. Addams is talking to Mrs. Addams. Bryce's parents that run the Wolf House, the only adults here besides the trainers.
"I'm not so sure Laura can handle it. Leo was stabbed through the chest with a copper spear. That's very series, and difficult to properly do." Mr. Addams defensively says to Mrs. Addams.
Leo was hurt? No stabbed in the chest, that should have killed anyone! Werewolf or not. There are tears fighting to escape my eyes, but I hold them back so I can hear more.
"Bryce affirmed us that Leo survived, and that he's resting. There's no need to worry, Hunny. It will all be fine." Mrs. Addams responds carefully.
I couldn't stand it anymore, I ran. Up the stairs, down the halls and into my room.

~•~ Tessa's POV ~•~
The next morning I wake up my head rested on Leo's lap. I can feel his hand stroking my hair, and occasionally his fingers would trail over my cheek. It was very soothing, and made me feel at home, like I was somewhere I belonged, with someone I belonged with.
"Morning Leo," I whisper not moving out of my position. I don't want him to stop running his hand through my hair.
"Morning Tessy," He responds sweetly.
"Are you feeling better?" I ask him softly, trying not to disturb the others, they were all awake, but off doing there own thing. Laura and Henry were talking off to the side, and Bryce was trying to climb a tree, for whatever reason. At least he's not punching it. I think to myself.
"A bit, but I can't move by stomach hurts like hell if I do. Its finishing patching up, its strange thinking that I'm healing, that my skin, muscles, and bones are all knitting back together." He tells me, awed.
"That's kinda gross," I state.
"But fascinating," Leo replies, I can sense him winking as he says so. I just moan a response, not wanting to go farther into this conversation.
"How much longer, Laura, do you think it will take until Leo can walk again." I ask her from a distance, she turns around and looks at us.
"At least two days," Laura tells us.
"Two days?" Bryce hollers from the top of a tree. "We can't stay here for two days, if you want to make it back for Christmas!"
We all stay quiet, it's not Christmas I'm worried about. It's Max, I don't know how he would feel if we were late on coming home.
"Go without me," Leo says from beside me, in a low whisper but loud enough for all of us to hear.
I finally move to look up at him. "I'm not leaving you behind." I simply state.
"I could stay with him?" Laura offers. I instantly feel a pang of jealously and hope. I don't want to leave Leo here with another girl, spending lots of free time with him, taking care of him. That's my job! But then again I want to get him to Max, and see my Mom as soon as possible.
"That works," Bryce says after jumping off the top of the tree. I'm surprised he didn't break him leg, or anything for that matter. "If that's okay with you Tessa?" He says after a moments hesitation.
I think deeply, leaving Leo here with another girl is risky, and I don't like it. But I really want to see my Mom as soon as I can. And get home to Max so he doesn't worry. And I trust Leo, to stay away from Laura, if she does try anything.
I nod.
I have to leave Leo, with another girl, and go after my Mom. It's all I can do, and have to do.