Standing Out

~•~ Tessa's POV ~•~

With in an hour Henry, Bryce and I have packed our things, made sure Leo and Laura had what they needed to stay here a few days and had enough things to stay warm and travel home again. We decided it was best that the two of them head back home to the Wolf House once Leo was healed, rather then catch up to us.
So now we were starting to run again. For the past month there's only been frost on the ground, and maybe a centimetre of snow. But now it was snowing, enough to leave at least ten centimetres (Max would love this a white winter). We've only lasted the last few days because it just so happened to be really warm for us, and we had thermal sleeping bags and clothes. We were still cold but we survived. I just hope Leo and Laura will.
We've crossed Alberta borders a few minutes ago and are now heading for the place were she was spotted. From the information Mr. Adams gave us, she was spotted by another werewolf at the local Downworlder bar. Which is just great for three young, immature teenagers! This is going to be a long, excruciating night.

**

In front of us a big, blue, flashy sign read Petes Bar, very eye catching I tell you.
"Ready to find your Mom?" Henry asked from beside me, playfully elbowing me.
"I'm a bit nervous of meeting her for the first time. What her reaction will be... But I have to get it done and over with." I knew I was blabbering, but I couldn't shut up. "What if she doesn't recognize me? Or we don't find her? What if I don't recognize her! My own mom!" By now I've taken his of his shoulders, and probably looking like a mad woman.
"Um Tessa, maybe we should just go and find out?" Henry says, plunking my fingers off his shoulders.
We turn towards the entrance and head inside.
"He doesn't like being touched," Bryce whispers in my ear.
"Noted." I tell him with a silent chuckle. And start looking around for a brown head, talk figure, and green eyes. I think a few people are her and o tap them on the shoulder, then call them mom, freaking the shit out of them.
Finally I lean up against the bar exhausted. "How hard can it be to find you Sabine?" I ask to myself out loud.
"You looking for Sabine? As in Sabine Fleming?!" Someone asks shocked from behind me, I turn around to find that the bar tender had asked me. He had a perfect jaw line, and high cheek bones, with deep hazel eyes. And wonderful eyebrows, definitely a thing girls look for,and I'm loving it. I mentally face palm myself, I have a boyfriend. I don't think like that, I have Leo and I love him.
"Yes, I'm Tessa Fleming and I'm looking for my Mom. Have you seen her here?" I ask hopingly.
"Actually she's leaving right now, or trying to." The bar tender says point to the exit, where we came it.
I quickly look for Bryce or Henry, spotting Bryce I yell to him, point to the the exit. "Go to the entrance!"
He nods back and dashes to the doors, blocking her way. And just so doing it that she bumps right into his strong buff chest. He says something to her, I don't understand it but I guess what it is when I hear what she says.
"I am not running from you three youngsters, I'm running from them."
I don't say anything, I don't want to. She hasn't seen me yet and I don't want to ruin getting some information.
"Who's them?" Bryce asks her, not moved from his position from where she bumped into him.
"Werewolves who are out to get Heroes, important people. Like me." She hisses at him, clearly wanting to get out as soon as possible.
"Then like us too. Considering that Tessa is famous and wanted for." He says my name, and Sabines head snaps up.
"Tessa who? I might know her, I can help you boys and girl." Her accuse to know my full name, I knew that right away. I also hadn't noticed that Henry had come up behind Bryce.
I take a deep breath. "Tessa Fleming."
I can see that her muscles tighten, and her head goes high, her hands frozen at her side. She turns around slowly, my height.
"Baby?" She asks in a longing voice, I slump relaxed. Glad that she doesn't hate me, and that she knows who I am.
"Mommy, Mommy it's me." I gasps over tears. I starts balling and embrace her in a tight hug, she hugs back running her hands over my back soothingly.
"Oh baby I'm so sorry I left you, I'm so so sorry!" Mom wails crying as well.
"I missed you, I miss you." I whisper to her.
"I missed you too Honey," She grasps me tighter, then pulls back enough to look at me. "Look at you, your so big!" She says scanning my body up and down then to my face. "And your eyes, they look so much like mine," Mom runs her thumb over my cheek comfortingly.
"I love you," I whisper to her.
"I love you too," She smiles beautifully, "And Max? How's he?"
"He's perfect, he's at the Wolf house getting Christmas ready for us with Mrs. Addams,"
"Oh so you know everything already?" She knowing asks, but also terrified. I nod as a response. "First Change?" I nod again. "Pack Partner?" She alarmingly asks.
I nod slowly. "With Leo." I know she remembers him.
"Oh yes Leo, his father was an amazing werewolf!" Mom cheers, lightening up. I'm ecstatic that she remembers me, and Leo and Max. That she doesn't hate on me for finding her.
"We should really get going before they get to us." Bryce mentions from behind Mom.
"Oh yes! Thanks Bruce!" Mom punches his arms, what was suppose to be playful but looked painful.
"It's Bryce," Bryce corrects.
"Bryce," Mom corrects. "Sorry, horrible with names."
I chuckle, "Common lets get out of here and hop a train I'm tired and need sleep."
"Good idea Honey," Bryce winks at me.
"Mom calls me that. Not. You."I glare at him, making him cower away with an amused look.
"Awh just like her Mommy!" Mom says taking my hand, squeezing it, and then pulling me outside the boys in tow.