Damn Cookies

~•~ Tessa's POV ~•~
We were about to watch Henry and Bryce fight when I started to here a loud beeping sound. A very loud beeping sound.
"Is that a fire alarm?" Laura asks, nervous.
I turn to Leo, "Please tell me you turned off the oven!?"
"Was I meant to?" He shyly asks.
"YES LEO YOU WERE MEANT TO TURN OFF THE OVEN!!" I stop myself short before I can say more to hurt him, I lean down and hug him, kissing him quickly. "I'm sorry I yelled, It's not your fault, you wouldn't have known." I grab his hand. and tug him up. "Now common lets go see what happened.

~•~ 15 Minutes Later ~•~
We show up in front of my house, to find fire howling out of the kitchen window, and up the house. I gasp in horror and shock. The firemen are already here, rushing into the house with a hose. Some come out to tell the head fireman that there was no one in the house, that no one was harmed.
Camera men start showing up, taping what's going on.
Bryce, Laura and Henry come up behind us, the boys changed back and in cloths. They gawk at the house with us.
"We need to get you guys out of here," Bryce manages to say in a low whisper. I turn around to face him.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because now you have the towns attention, we can't have that. We need to grab your things tonight, and your brothers things too. Then go to the Wolf House, you can stay there too Leo, you might be getting some attention too from this incidence..." He trails off. "So we'll have to take you along too, and I doubt Tessa would leave without you." I nod in agreement. No way am I leaving without Leo.
"We leave tonight then," Bryce finishes. I looks back at my house, no longer up in flames.

~•~ Later That Night ~•~
We dash through the forest back to the house. We went back into it when we agreed to come back later this night. We pull up short in front of my house, thinking about what we can do to get inside, and to the top floor.
"Tess go through the window," Max says from beside me. I look over to find Leo had taken him into his arms, I smile, they're like bestfriends, I love it.
"Okay good idea Max," I run my hands though his dark hair.
I look behind me at Bryce, Henry and Laura, they nod, a way of saying that it's also a good idea, so I go to the window behind the house, and open it up, we always keep one window open, just incase. I climb though it, landing on the kitchen counter in a crouch. I grab three duffle bags from under the stairs, then go upstairs and pack cloths, bed sheets, my makeup, washroom appliances, shoes, pyjamas, coats and jackets, and a picture of Mom, Dad, Max and me, quickly stuffing that into the bag I also grab some other things. I do the same with Max's things, and putting extra things into the third bag. I look out Max's window to find Leo looking up at me, waiting for me to through the bags down for him to catch, like we always did went we went on school trips, and to go away for the weekend together.
I take one last look around the room to make sure I didn't miss anything important, and I did, Max's stuffed wolf that Mom gave him when he was really young, I quickly grab that off his bed and throw that down first, Leo catches it and hands it to Max, he snuggles it close to his chest. I then though the next few bags down, and Leo catches them all too.
I go look at my room one last time, and notice I forgot something too. On my board over my desk hangs a silver necklace, with an oval locket. I walk over and put it over my head, opening the locket, inside is a picture of our family again, and a picture of me and Mom sitting together on the swing we have in the backyard. Before I can cry, I close the locket and run down stairs, climb out the window, and go back to Leo. Bryce and Henry each have a duffle bag, one still lays on the ground, and Leo has his own bag thrown over his shoulder. I grab the last of our bags from the ground and sling it over my should, I take Leo's hand in mine, and we start walking into the forest. I look behind me at our house for the last time.