Wanting To Kill

~•~ Tessa's POV ~•~
In an hour we've gotten on a train, and are in comfortable seating spots. We're in one of the compartments, the walls and floor is wood. It was dark when we got on, but we turned in a dim lamp. Henry just so happened to have blankets in his backpack, so my mom and I are covered with one, and the boys are sitting on another.
I'm currently laying on my moms lap, and Bryce and Henry are sitting opposite of each other, talking about God knows what.
"Max will be glad to see you," I whisper to my mom, looking up at her, only to find that she's been starring down at me the whole time.
"I know baby," She smiles longingly, her eyes sparkle. "I miss the little munchkin,"
I chuckle silently. "I've missed you Mommy,"
Her eyes tear up, she pushes a piece of my hair back, looking at me. "I've missed you too," she manages to say with out bursting out in tears. I look away from her and try to fall asleep so the peaceful rattle of the train.
Bang!
We all here it, from one of the other compartments in front of us. As if someone were landing on top of it.
I bolt up straight when I hear it, and look around at the others.
"Anyone else hear that?" Bryce asks to no one in particular.
"Yes, loud and clear." I respond looking alarmed at him.
"It sounded like someone was dropping on top of another one of the carts." Mom tells us, looking around for a weapon.
"Yeah," I mumble doing the same, looking for something to my defence.
"I'll go check it out," Henry says standing up and walking away.
"Hold on Henry! I'll come with you," Bryce calls after him, trying to chase after.
"No stay here with the girls, I got it!" Henry calls back. Bryce slumps clearly disappointed in wanting some sort of an adventure.
We all stand up, our hands have claws now, and our canines pointing out of our mouths. We stand guarded and ready for anything, for the most unexpected.
Thump, thump, thump. Thump, thump.
We were foot steps above us. It sounds like two pairs of feet. We hear more thumping and then soon growling, squealing and screams. Then suddenly a loud thump. Like someone falling, or dropping to the ground. There are a few minutes of silence, and we wait for something.
Suddenly someone drops into our cart, standing in the door. I only see a silhouette of the person, but by the build I can tell it's not Henry, but the other person who he was fighting.
"Where's Henry?" Bryce barks at the intruder.
"The man I just killed? Oh, he's on top." The person smirks wickedly.
"You killed him?!" I shriek at him.
"Oh yes of corse, how else was I supposed to get to you Tessa?" He says taking a step towards us.
I scramble back, bumping into Bryce. He wraps his arms around me protectively, and I sink into him. "Sabine go up and check on Henry. Tessa and I can handle this." My mom simply nods then climbs up to on top of the cart.
"Tessa, Tessa, Tessa." The man tsk's taking another step towards us. I sink farther into Bryce trying to get away from this man.
"It's okay I got you," Bryce whispers into my ear soothingly.
"I've had my eyes on you and Leo for a few years now. Watched you grow up, go to school, come back from school. But now that your part of the Downworlders I took more interest in you and Leo, Max too. Tracked you down, had my top followers get to you. Until you knocked them out. I had to do it myself, look where I am now. One down, two to go." The man takes another step into the light and I get a full view of him. Brown hair, army cut style. Regular clothes, black shirt and blue jeans. Angular jaw with a thin short beard, about mid forties, he's tall and muscular.
"W-What do you want?" I stutter.
"I want you dead." The man states devilishly.
My eyes widen, I stumble my knees shaking, but Bryce holds me up. "In five seconds, drop to the floor and roll away." He whispers quiet enough so I only hear it. I nod in response.
One.
Two.
I silently count in my head.
Three.
Four.
Five!
On five I drop to the floor, Bryce lets go of my at the same time. I roll away quickly. And at the same time Bryce changes into a Wolf and pounces on the man. This all happens within a couple of seconds.
Bryce knocks the man to the floor and starts fighting with the other Wolf.
Wolf?
The man must have changed just as Bryce was pouncing. The two now fight, neck to neck. Both of the wolves were dark brown, but you could tell them apart by the size and their movement.
They clawed and snapped at each other, rolling all over. And I just stood there. Doing nothing. So I decided to change that.
I skim the whole cart for something long and pointy, and I'm rewarded with finding a crowbar. I snatch it up then sharpen one end with my claws making it as sharp as I can.
Straightening up my posture I move towards Bryce and the man. I hide in the shadows until the right time, waiting for a clear aim of the bigger and faster wolf.
Bryce senses me eventually, and he backs up enough for me to throw my little makeshift spear. I whip the spear at the man, and it buries itself in the mans abdomen.
Bryce instantly pounces on the man and starts ripping out his throat. The crowbar wasn't silver, but because of his distraction Bryce was able to kill him the right way.
I look away once Bryce starts and I stay turned away until he's changed back to human and into new clothes.
When he's finished he comes up behinds me and wraps his arms around me. Not in an embrace, but in a hug, a hug meaning he'll keep me safe and won't let anything happen to me.
Behind us we hear another thump, and we whip around ready for another fight. Buts it's just my mom.
She looks at each of us, and then looks away. "Henry's dead."
And with that, I collapse to the ground and start crying.

~•~ Bryce's POV ~•~
"Henry's dead." Sabine says looking away from us. Tessa falls to the floor, her legs crossed and starts balling. Tears running down her cheeks.
I stand there, in pure shock. Henry, dead? It's the worst, we've been bestfriends since childhood, since diapers, we were inseparable, we were planning on being Pack Partners. He was my other half, my anchor. He helped me with the lose of Julia, he was there for me when nobody else was. When she died, he came and stayed with me. Made sure I ate, and drank. Slept and woke up, made sure that I kept living my life without her, like she would have wanted. He's always been like a brother, a sibling.
I get down and curl Tessa against me, holding her tight as she cried, as I cried. We sit there crying and cuddling.
Henry was actually gone. For the first time, I have to live without him.