Two Boys In Different Types Of Pain

~•~ Bryce's POV ~•~

Dammit I'm freezing, we're all currently sleeping outside in a sleeping bag, with a fire going in front of me. I move closer to it and hold my hands over the warmth of the heat, getting some feeling back into my arms.
The medallion swinging forward into my line of vision, I stare down at it, lost in thoughts about Julia. I feel a wave of loss, and depression.
Not being able to help it, I stand up and stalk into the bush. I pace back and forth, frustrated and mad. It shouldn't have happened to her! It's not fair, it should have been me not her, I should have been the one that -
I punch a tree powerfully from my anger. Life's messed up.
"What did that tree ever do to you?" I hear an amused voice say from behind me. I turn around to figure out who was watching me. It was Tessa. A wave of relief rushes over me, and I calm down.
"Nothing," I grumble from under my breath.
Tessa walks over closer to me, stopping in front of me. "Bryce..." She starts.
"Yes?" I ask, watching her as her eyes flash to my hand. And then to my chest, looking at the dog tags around my neck. Her eyes flash back up to my face.
"Who's Julia?" Tessa says hushed, nervous of what my reaction might be.
I turn around away from her, and she grabs my hand. I stop dead in my tracks. She was touching me. My hand for that matter. Tessa was holding my hand.
I pivot back around to face her, she looks up at me with worry, then at my hand. "No more punching trees, Bryce." she whispers softly. Then takes some bandages out of her backpack, and some sort of medical cream. She puts it over my split knuckles and scratched hand, after wrapping it in with the bandage, covering it up so it can heal.
I watch her this whole time, as she fixes my hand, caressing it gently. Taking care of me. That's when I feel I can trust her with my secret.
"Julia is my, no, was my... sister," I say looking down at the ground as Tessa finishes bandaging my hand. "She was killed a year ago. She was 18, and I was 14, and her and I were out on a mission to help some werewolves who were abandoned at a run down hotel. We got them out safely, but someone around the place thought we were homeless dogs, roaming around the neighbourhood. He started shooting at us, and my sister told us to run, to get out of the shooters range while she distracted him...." I pause briefly to catch my breath. "We ran while she stayed behind. She was shot, Tessa. My sister was shot and killed."
She looks at me, her eyes glistening. "Bryce," Just hearing my name is over whelming. I really want to hug her right now, for different reasons. "I'm so sorry..." And I know she means it, I can see it in her green eyes.
Without being able to hold back any longer I hug her, hard. Pulling her close to me, so I have something to hold on to. She wraps her arms around my waist hugging me back, burying her head into my chest, I rest my chin on the top of her dirty blond hair.

~•~ In The Morning ~•~

~•~ Tessa's POV ~•~

I wake up in the morning, one question popping into my head. Who's out to kill Leo and me? Blue had said that someone was out to kill me and Leo, that they'd come get us. Who? Why? So many questions running though my head right now, so many un answered questions.
We've been on the travel for a few day now, and we're almost in Alberta. I can soon, hopefully, see my mom.
"Morning Fleming," Leo tiredly says from beside me.
"I have an idea, Leo." I say with an evil smirk in my face.
"I hope you know your really scary when you have ideas." He says matter-of-factly. I punch him in the shoulder for making a rude comment.
"Let's pull a prank on Bryce, Henry and Laura. Considering that were the only ones up!" I tell him.
"That's a ridiculous idea! Tessa were on a serious mission here!" He tells me concerned, but I can hear a bit of sarcasm in his voice. Of maybe I'm just imagining it.
"Let's do it!" Leo excitedly say!

~•~ 10 Minutes Later ~•~
We have everything set up, and the three are still sleeping. What Leo and I have done was put saurian rap between two trees, then put ramps under some leaves and branches, when they step on it, it will have a horn wail at them, scaring the living shit out of them. Leo hides a little farther in the bush, and I walk to the camping site to wake Bryce, Laura and Henry up.
I take a deep breath, and then scream, loud! Henry and Bryce instantly sit up, along with Laura. They dash to me, I fake huffing and puffing.
"Tessa what's wrong?! What happened?!" Henry asks worriedly.
"Someone took Leo, I ran after them put I couldn't catch up! He's gone!" I shout, faking a cry.
"Show us wear!" Laura says, ushering me along. I nod at them and run into the forest to our set up.
Getting far enough I slow down, getting behind Henry and Bryce, right before they go into the trap I stop to let Laura catch up to them.
They hit the plat form where the horns sound loud, scaring the three, they jump in shock. Jumping right into the saurian rap, bouncing back like a ball hitting a wall.
I burst out laughing, doubling over at their hilarious expressions and reactions. I can hear Leo howling with laughter out in the bush, he comes running up to me, laughing so hard!
"What the hell!?" Laura shrieks, "What did you do!" The boys had already figured out what we'd done, and they're already laughing.
"We- We pranked you!" Leo manages to say between laughs.
And then he stops. Leo stopes laughing all together. After a few deep breaths I look over to him to see what's wrong.

There's a spear sticking out of him. In one side and out the other. Piercing his stomach.