Never regret (vampire Bartholomew)

l'Il never forget that night. Seeing him bleed like that. Hearing his pained screams as that vampire tore into him. I thought that was horid pain, but when he turned. Those are the screams that keep me up at night. I could have saved him, I could have changed him back. If only he didn't feed, if only I was strong enough. I rubbed the bite mark on my neck as I remembered that night that my best friend, the only person I ever loved almost died. Well some consider turning into a vampire dieing, but I don't. He's still here, still walking, still talking. He always had sharper teeth then others so it was no surprise when his vampire teeth became too large for him to hide like the rest. I sat up in my bed after having the nightmare again, it always ended with him dieing instead, really dieing.

"Still having trouble sleeping I see" I jumped hearing that voice I only ever heard over the phone anymore. He only ever called to tell me about vampires that were hurting others. Being a hunter of the supernatural that was alway helpful, though that's all the help he could give me now.

If a vampire went roge like that, the king alfa vampire would kill him. The red neon light silhouetted his body as he stood out of the lights reach of my bedside lamp.

"Bartholomew...." a hushed whisper left me but I know he heard me. I went to get up to go to him.

"Dont...... stay...." I sat on my heals on the bed feeling a little hurt.

"Why.. you're here.... can't I hug the most important person to me" I mumbled still shocked that I was talking to him in person finally. He never came to see me since that night.

"I'm dead y/n"

"No you're not" he took a step closer to me bearing his teeth at me angry as he hit his chest with his fist with each word he spoke.

"Yes, I, am....... why can't you understand that" he walked closer to the bed into the light.

"But you're right here" I reached my hand out to touch him but he took a step out of reach.

"I don't need to breath, only to blend in. My heart doesn't beat, my skin is colder then ice. I cant taste, I can't feel. How is that being alive y/n"

Tears stung my eyes from his words and I stood up before him on the floor, he seems taller then I remember.

"Because you're still walking, you're still talking, doesn't that account for anything" I yelled at him as my arm swing to my side like I was trying to hit someone next to me. I started to cry harder as I threw my arms around him.

"I can still hold you close, you're not dead" he pulled my hands from around him and walked off to the side as he spoke looking at me with sadness.

"But I'm not alive eather... he wanted me to be an alfa of a vampire clan I am an alfa of a vampire clan. you don't know what that's like.... I wish you just killed me that night"

"NO" I screamed making him turn slightly to look at me unbothered by my outburst.

"I couldn't let you die, I may have been selfish but I couldn't let you go... but I didn't know, if I new that he sent them there that night to. i-i wouldnt h-have.." I stopped myself feeling the room get cold as he turned to look at me with a scowl.

"Wouldn't have what y/n" he took a step towards me and I took one back.

"'What aren't you telling me" he got louder as he took another step forward, and I another back.

"Your heart is racing.... you're hiding something from me" a light passed over his face showing me his now crimson eyes.

"I.... I was there that night" he snorted and gestured to me with his hand.