day by day (daddy ace)

the sky looks nice today, i wonder how he's doing. he left shortly after he turned seventeen, before i started showing. before i knew i was pregnant. i miss him. the way he would softly hold me, the way his rough hands caressed my skin so delicately. i miss feeling that tingle shoot though me every time he kissed my neck. i closed my eyes toughing my neck as i started to remember the last time we made love, and he gave me everything all night.

"mommy look at the frog i caught" my body flinched as my son startled me. i opened my eyes to see the little boy who looked exactly like his father right down to the freckles on his cheeks, the only thing he had from me was my eyes.

"spade, you startled me. are you going to put him in the pond with the others, he's very pretty" his eyes lit up as he smiled holding the blue frog closer to himself. he shook his head and ran to the pond putting the frog down telling it to be nice to the others making me chuckle.

"its time for lunch spade, go wash up" he smiled at me and did as told. as i walked into the house to start cooking the food, i heard a knock on the door. i look to spade who just finished cleaning up and pointed to the chest that he hides in when people come over. i cant risk anyone knowing that ace has a son. once he climbed in i wiped my hands off and opened the door.

"you're y/n l/n right?" i was scared seeing someone of such high power at my door. did he find out.

"and what would the first deviation commander of the whitebeard pirates want with little old me" he laughed and scratched the back of his head.

"you're well known for your weapons that you make, pops wanted you to come to the ship. says he has a proposition for you"

"no, I'm fine here" i crossed my arms and leaned on the doorframe.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not asking. please don't make us do this the hard way, you cant bring anything with you either" i swallowed now seeing more of the whitebeard crew around my hilltop.

"fine, don't go snooping around my house, its creepy" i said as i took my apron off and layed it over the back of a chair.

*timeskip*

walking onto the massive ship with a bunch of men on it was making me nervous.

"ah, there she is and as radiant as I've been told"

"what do you want that you needed me to come down here for it" he laughed at my attempt to sound tough.

"right to the point i see. i want you to join my family here and make weapons for my sons a-"

"absolutely not, if you want weapons i can do that but there is only one pirate crew that i would join if the captain came back here" whitebeard stood up.

"now i kn-"

"MOMMY SAID NO AND WHAT MOMMY SAYS GOES" my son jumped down between us and held a staff i made for him towards whitebeard. after my shock of my son just making himself known to maybe the most dangerous pirate crew ever. i snatched him up in my arms any burred his head in my neck.

"is tha-"

"LET ME OFF THIS SHIP BEFORE I SINK IT"

"hold on now girly, there is no need for that" the gigantic pirate put a hand up and knelt down closer to us.

"he looks just like his father" i held spade tighter and turned him away from the man.

"you... you know my dad.... mommy says i cant know" spade moved his head to peek at the man as i mentally curssed to myself.