She is my Child

Lisa's POV

Aaron? I said. Let's talk. He said.
I know i should have done this earlier. I know nothing I say could change the past. I was so foolish, so blinded by love. I really wanted to tell you before that marriage incident that I was in love with Emily but when I see your smiling and excited face, I couldn't just say anything again. I couldn't bring myself to tell you that and break your heart. You were so excited about the wedding. I'm not saying this to justify myself. I'm only telling you this because I feel you should know. I'm sorry, Lisa, I'm sorry. I guess I'm reaping what I'm sowing. Emily just used me as a tool for revenge. He said. Is true you are getting a divorce? I asked. Yes, this marriage has been on a basis of lies so it's only right we get a divorce. He said. I wish you best of luck. I said. I know you wouldn't forgive me but I'm sorry. He said. It's alright. I said

So why did he say? Sam asked. He just apologized. Nothing more or less. I said. And what did you say to him? Sam asked. Something that doesn't make him think I forgive him or not forgive him. I said. Do you forgive him? Same asked. I don't know. It's hard to say. I mean I should not forgive him but then he is also suffering from Emily's deceit so I don't know. I said. I think you are right for not giving him an answer then. Sam said. I have thought about it and I guess I'll tell Nathan tonight. I said. Are you sure about this. It's nothing if you take a little time. She said. I'm sure. I'll have to tell him one way or the other, sooner or later,  so it's only best if I tell him now. I said. OK, Good luck. I'm sure they'll take it better than you think. Sam said. Thank you, Sam. I said. Jeez... It's so creepy when you thank me so save it for yourself. She said. Whatever... I said. She sure has a way to make me feel better. I thought.

So you want to have dinner with us? Nathan said. Yeah, since it's been long i saw little pumpkin. It would be nice and besides I want her to taste my food. I said. I'm sure she would be excited to hear this. Nathan said. Tomorrow night it is then. Text me what ingredients you will need so I'll get it prepared for you. He said. OK, I'll do that. I said and hung up .

Wow!!! Looks like we have a feast today. Nathan said. Burger, fries, grilled salad, assorted cheese and nut, ham, sausages, chocolate ice cream, grapes. The butler announced.
Why do we have so much food on table, Aunt lisa? Little pumpkin asked. So you can eat and be healthy. I said. Would you make something like this for us regularly? She asked and d I nodded. We started eating and I cleared my throat. I have something to annouce. I said. What is it? Little pumpkin asked. Few years ago, I was pregnant but I couldn't get to see my child because I was told it died. I was so furious, angry, sad and hurt but I couldn't do anything. Two days ago, my step sister told me My child was alive. I said. So have you seen him? Little Pumpkin asked. What would you do if I was your Mum? I asked. I would be so happy. Daddy said he would marry you as soon as possible so you will be my mum and I can't wait. I want to call you mum and not. Aunt Lisa. Little pumpkin said. What if I had abadoned you for years? Would you forgive me and still call me Mum?  I asked. Just like your story, you might have a reason.  So I'll forgive and hug you. She said. My baby wasn't a boy. She is a girl. I said. Is she pretty? Little pumpkin asked. Of Course she is. Have you met her? She asked. Of course. That is why I know she is pretty. I said. Can meet her? She asked. Will you understand if I tell you, I'm am your Mother? I asked. Are you? She asked.  I am your mum. I said and held her hands. Mummy is so sorry for leaving you alone. Mummy is so sorry for not watching you grow. Tears were dropping from her eyes. Please don't cry, honey, I'm sorry. I said. Mum, she said quietly. Nathan was just sitting there trying to process what just happened and I'm sure he is waiting for me to finish my little conversation with little pumpkin. I'm happy you are my Mum. All my Classmate told me you are beautiful and I'm happy you are my mum. She said. I'm happy I'm your Mum too, I'm happy I got to see you. I said. After wiping her tears, we continued eating. Nathan was just there eating quietly. After eating, we played for a little while and when she was feeling sleepy, I took her inside andshe took her bath changing to her Mickey mouse Pyjamas. She lieddown and I read a story for her and ten minutes later, she fell asleep. I covered her, kissed her forehead and switched off the light.

What did you mean by what you said during dinner? Nathan asked. I'm her mother. I'm sorry, I just found out two days ago. I said. How is that possible. Three years ago, I went to a bar for the first time in my life because I was betrayed by my family so I went there in anger and I met a guy who told me trusting people was bullshit and we both drank till we became drunk and we slept with each other. I discovered I was pregnant few weeks after but I got into an accident and I thought I lost my baby until Emily told me two days ago. I said. So it was you? He said in surprise. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to abandon her. My Step sister did that out of spite. I know you hate me for making you raise little pumpkin alone. I know you hate me for abandoning her. You have all right to but please let me be a part of her life from now on. I know I don't even have the right to say that but...  He kissed me. It was a deep kiss but passionate not rough. I was caught unaware so I didn't kiss him back but then he forced his way and I kissed him back. After few seconds, we broke apart. I feel so happy thaf I didn't know what to do. He said. So you are not angry? I asked. There's nothing to be angry about. I'm so happy you turned out to be her mum. I pictured how many times I would meet her mum. I didn't know I was already close to her. I should be the one sorry for sleeping with you and getting you pregnant. You had to carry her for nine months without the support of anyone. I wasn't there for you during all those difficult times. I'm sorry. He apologized. I got Closer and kissed him again. Thank you for being so understanding. Thank you for falling in love with me. I would have never believed such feelings ever existed if you didn't come to my life. I said. I think I should be the one thanking you for that because without you, I wouldn't know this wonderful feeling existed and I would be stranded all my whole life. Thank you. He said.

Awwn... That was so romantic. I knew it was going to be like that. Sam said. I didn't expect it at all. I said. I told you, he wasn't going to react on something like that, he probably undersood what happened before you explained it to him because he knows the kind of family. You have. Sam said. So it was only kisses you shared after reconciling to the father of you child? Lucy asked.  Yeah, nothing more . I replied Sarcastically. Whatever. I can't believe I ditched my Korea tutorial for this . she said and went back inside. I don't know she is this serious with this Korea language. I said. She's always like that. I'm so filled that I want to sleep and just then my phone rang and I picked it up. I'm sure his brother has told him. Sister-in-law, why did you not bother to tell me was the first thing he said as i picked the call. I didn't think it was necessary to. I said. That's unfair. I'm so hurt. He said. Your luck. I said. But my happiness covers the hurt. So you turned out to be little Clara's mother. No wonder I thought you looked alike. The same brown color of eyes . he said . you noticed that? I asked. Of course, I notice a lot of things. She was so attached to you that I always thought she is your child. I could have done a DNA then. He said. You and Lucy sure do think alike. I said. How is she? He asked. She has been obsessed with learning Korea lately. I said. I miss her but I only promised her i would ask her on one date. I don't want her thinking of me in another way. He said. I think she is also waiting for you to ask her on another date. I said. How do you know that? Did she say it? He asked. It's just so obvious so stop being a jack ass and ask her. I said. Thank you siter-in-law. I don't know what I'll do without you. He said. So you called me more to ask if her than to tell me how happy you are. I said. I'm sorry. Whatever.. Good night. I said and hung up. Ried? Sam asked. Who else if  not him. He claims to be a player but can't even ask her out. I said. He really likes her. Sam said. Yeah. I was heading to bed before the jack ass called. Good night. I said. Good night. She replied back.