World's biggest ball of twine - part 1

Flashback (this is in the sparrow universe)

"Ben" I shouted looking to see where he is. I walked around the academy passing the living room where I saw Ben's portrait hanging up on the wall as I looked around the room as I saw Sloane sitting down on the sofa reading one of her favorite books.
"Hey Sloane do you know where Ben is" I asked as she put her book down looking at me smiling.

"Well the last time I saw Ben his was in the training room" she replied as I nodded my head saying thank you and walked to the training room. I knocked on the door waiting for an answer. I heard a quiet "come in"as I opened the door and saw Ben.

He was shirtless only in red joggers as he was lifting some weights. He turned his head to see who it was when he saw her he put down the weights and hugged me. Normally i don't like hugs after working out but he wasn't sweating so I hugged him back.
"Hey Ben just thought I would come and see you" I said breaking from the hug. He nodded going to grab a bottle and drinking it.

"Do you maybe want to train" Ben asked me. I nodded my head in agreement. I took of my jumper and was now in a sports bra and red leggings.
We stood a couple of meters from each other. And got ready into our fighting stance.
"Ok no rules abilities our allowed if anything gets too much just tell me." Ben said.
"Ok let's do this" I swing a hit at Ben bit he dodged my hit punching me in the side as I stumbled back. I ran at him putting my hands over his shoulders back flipping over him as I kicked him in the back as he fell forward.

He turned around faced me and I saw him smirk. As tentacles came out of his body capturing my hands.
"Looks like your in a sticky situation" he said raising his eyebrows. I closed my eyes letting the darkness take over my eyesight as I created a black mist in my hands turning into a small dragon as it flew in the air shooting fire out of its mouth. One hitting Ben on his tentacle making him lose focus letting me go.

He sat down on the floor breathing deeply as I got his water and sat next to him. I gave him the bottle then made the dragon disappeared.
Ben looked at me.
"I'm glad that I found you Astrid" Ben said leaning his head on my shoulder.
"Before we met I was such a Asshole even though i still am one but you helped me". I stroked Ben's hair gently his hair is so fluffy.
"I'm so glad I met you too Ben" I said kissing him on the head.

__________
Present time
_________

I woke up from the pain in my back from the sofa, i stood up and quietly and opened the door then closing it behind me not making a sound. I walked down the stairs into the main area and it was dead no one to be found only some workers as I looked out of the window seeing it was pitch black. I walked to the push spin door and walked out of the hotel.

No one was around just some drunk people. I walked to the park where I sat down on the bench looking into the stars. Thinking about nothing I looked around and saw a sparrow watching me. I turned around and titling my head making the sparrow cry out in pain. I stopped after a few seconds then let it go making it fly away. I looked around but saw no one around. I stood up and went back to the hotel. When i got in I looked at the clock it said 4:48.

I signed walking back into my shared room closing the door walking back to the sofa as I let darkness surround me forcing myself to drift off to sleep.

__________
Ben pov -
_________

"What do you mean you lost her" I shouted at fei as she stood there touching her head in pain.
"She was killing my sparrow I had to stop" She said calming down. I rolled my eyes storming off. Back into my bedroom slamming the door and looked at my desk and saw the photo of us I grabbed it tracing over her pretty smile.