NamJin: Mentor

Kim Seokjin had moved to Seoul for his last year of high school. Exactly like his last school, it was an all-boys school, but a good ten blocks down from his apartment he and his father moved into. It was right next to a co-ed middle school, which Seokjin thought was odd, but didn't comment on it during his meeting with the principal.

Of course, his schooling wasn't the reason why he moved to Seoul in the first place. His mother and father had been arguing behind closed doors for years; he supposed his father was finally sick of all the fighting and divorced his mother. Seokjin was against moving, since his father owned that house and believed his mom should've moved instead. 

His father was too nice for his own good, hence why his mother seemed to walk all over him. 

Being the "New Kid" at school was something Seokjin wasn't looking forward to, but it was inevitable. He was a quiet person, but very well-liked at his old school; maybe the rich kids of Seoul would take to him like his old classmates did. 

-------

Taking the metro to school was a plus to Seokjin. He no longer had to walk to school, which sucked in the winter months. He sat by himself, schedule in his hand as he read over it a few times. Since this was his last year, he had a lot on his plate, but he knew that he could manage just fine. 

The business men and women all avoided him and preferred to sit somewhere else than by him. Even some of the little kids sent judgemental glares his way. Seokjin figured it was due to the snobbiness that accompanies city life; people in his old city were similar, but not to this extent.

"Can I sit with you?" 

Seokjin looked up from his schedule, eyebrow raised in question at the small boy with glasses that probably would have looked ugly on anyone else other than this kid. He looked to be maybe ten or so, but his school uniform had the logo of the middle school next to Seojin's high school stitched onto it. His hair was cut short, but not short enough to be considered a buzz-cut. His bookbag seemed to be a bit too big for him.

His baby fat was still there, making his cheeks scrunch up when gave Seokjin a nervous smile. 

"Sure, you can sit," Seokjin said, moving his bookbag to sit between his feet. 

The kid plopped down next to him, not even bothering to take his bookbag off. They still had about twenty minutes or so due to all the stops. 

"Hi! I'm Kim Namjoon!" 

The high school student glanced at Namjoon again, thinking for a second before offering him a hand to shake. "I'm Kim Seokjin." 

They shook hands, Namjoon a little more enthusiastic about it then the older boy. "I'm in middle school. I graduate to high school after this year. Are you in high school?" 

"This is my last year of high school. You seem younger than you actually are." 

Namjoon nodded, looking down at his hands. "I'm fourteen, but I look like I'm nine, which is weird because I started shaving last year. It's awful."

Seokjin chuckled at that. "You'll get used to it. Will you be attending my school?"

"No, I'm going to the one where all the trainees and young idols go, except I'm not going to be an idol or trainee or anything like that. Mama says I have to get used to being around a whole bunch of people. The middle school is small compared to that high school..."

Namjoon continued rambling on about random things, like how he would like to be a rapper, but it was really only a hobby and maybe he should make a SoundCloud or take lessons on music production. He talked about his sister, who was a good bit older than him, but they were still close and how she graduated already.