YoonMin: Take My Pain Away

this is my birthday present to -believeyourgalaxy. she shares a birthday with Jin. I love her so much and I hope this story makes her a little happy. she deserves the world. 

Jimin smiled from his seat on the couch, laptop resting in his lap while textbooks were sprinkled around him, when he heard the front door open. "Hi, Yoongi-hyung! How was your day?" 

His roommate, Min Yoongi, was one of his favorite people on the planet; not because he had a crush on him, but because there was something about him that made Jimin feel safe and that he didn't need to hide anything. 

Yoongi was definitely someone that didn't seem too friendly upon a first glance, but once people got to know him and befriend him, they realized that Yoongi was full of love and kindness, but didn't really like to express it much.

He was closed-off and a man of few words, but when he was excited about something, he'd talk Jimin's ear off. Once, he was so excited about his promotion at work that Jimin kissed him to get him to be quiet. That day opened up a new realm of friendship between the two; platonic kisses were often shared in the mornings and at night. 

But now, Jimin frowned at his laptop screen when he didn't get a reply from the older. Yoongi's footsteps were slow as he padded down the hallway, back to where the bedrooms were.

With his job at the cooperate office and Jimin's job as a receptionist at the neurologist's office, they had a rather nice apartment in a nice part of the city; once Jimin got his Master's degree in pediatric psychology, they'd be able to get a fancier one. 

When he heard the door to Yoongi's room shut, Jimin closed his laptop and let out a sigh. Usually, Yoongi would come sit down on the couch and watch him work on homework for a little while, talking quietly about his day until he didn't have anything else to say. Then, Jimin would stop working for the night and they'd make dinner together.

It really hurt the younger that Yoongi didn't give him the time of day, but he refused to be mad at the older for it. Yoongi had his reasons for not wanting to talk to Jimin, just like Jimin had his reasons for not wanting to talk to Yoongi sometimes. 

After about ten minutes, Jimin got up from the couch and walked down the hall, stopping at Yoongi's closed door. He knocked softly, clearing his throat a little. "Hyung, it's almost time to start making dinner." 

"Not hungry," came a muted reply. 

Yoongi sounded upset, as if he was about to cry or already crying. He never cried, which made Jimin worry. The younger really cared about his roommate and always made sure he was as happy as ever. 

But Jimin also noticed that the month seemed to wear Yoongi down. He started coming home from work completely exhausted; he would sit on the couch with Jimin once he changed into comfier clothes, but would end up falling asleep. Each day seemed to get worse, and maybe today Yoongi was finally breaking down. 

"Yoongi-hyung, may I come in? Please?" 

After about a minute of silence, Jimin heard the door unlock, then quick footsteps that was probably Yoongi running back to his bed. Jimin smiled fondly to himself as he entered and shut the door behind him. 

Yoongi was sitting up on his bed with a blanket wrapped around him, hair a mess and eyes red and puffy. Jimin's smile dropped at the sight and he let out a quiet sigh as he moved to sit on the bed. 

They were quiet for a moment, save for Yoongi's sniffles. Eventually, Jimin let out another sigh and ran a hand through his hair, looking over at his roommate. 

"What's wrong, hyung? Why are you so upset?" he asked gently, earning a shuddering sigh in return. 

The older looked down at his lap, at the teddy bear that he stole from Jimin's room before he began his mental breakdown. He fiddled with the bear's little brown ears, shoulders slumped. "Everything, Jimin. Everything's wrong." 

He felt Jimin move around on the bed, then he was pulled backwards into the younger's chest, settled right between his legs. Hands ran up and down Yoongi's arms through the blanket as a chin rested on his head. "Tell me about it." 

The older began to relax into his roommate, giving him a sense of safety he never truly experienced before. "Work is killing me, Jimin. They're dumping all this work on me that I simply can't do all by myself, but I'm trying my absolute best. Nothing I do is good enough for those people, who I thought would treat me a little nicer since my promotion, but at this point I wish I never got the damn thing in the first place." 

Tears filled his eyes once again, and he curled himself into Jimin for a little more comfort. "It's all too much for me. I want it all to stop. Everything. The ridicule, the detestment, everything. I just can't cope anymore." 

When he began to shake and sob uncontrollably, Jimin tightened his grip on him and pressed kisses to his head. He didn't say a single word; he didn't need to. He just let Yoongi cry himself out, get all of those pent-up emotions out in the open for someone else to bear. 

And Jimin did bear Yoongi's pain. 

With every tear, sob and whimper, Jimin let it bleed into him. He felt Yoongi's tears settle in his veins, sobs contract his lungs, and whimpers caught in his throat. Every ounce of burden was now on his shoulders; Yoongi's world of pain was on his shoulders. He didn't mind how it crushed him as long as the older was happy. 

It took a very long time, but Yoongi finally managed to calm down. He couldn't deny he felt lighter than he had in a while, but he still felt heavy. 

"How about we lay down, hyung. Let me keep you warm," Jimin whispered in his ear, and Yoongi nodded, setting Jimin's teddy bear down on the floor before settling down under the covers. 

The younger joined him, pulling Yoongi so that he was snuggled up against his chest, arms thrown over his hips. 

"It's gonna be okay, Yoongi-hyung. You have me to talk to, to share your pain with. You're not alone," Jimin whispered, a soft smile on his lips as he caressed Yoongi's cheek. 

The older smiled lightly, hugging Jimin tight. "I love you so much." 

With that, Jimin kissed Yoongi, who felt like a weight had been lifted from his chest. It felt like Jimin was forcing fresh air into his lungs, clearing his mind of all negative thoughts. 

When they parted, Yoongi tucked his head underneath Jimin's chin. He felt Jimin pat his back, nuzzling his face into his hair. "I love you too, Yoongi."