NamJin: Anchor

Jin knew what was up the minute Namjoon left the apartment, sunglasses on and a mask covering his face. He knew exactly where the younger was going, and he knew what that meant. 

"Jin-hyung, is he alright?" Taehyung asked from his spot on the couch, Jimin fast asleep on his chest. The older of the pair had been sick the past few days, so he took some cold medicine and took Taehyung up on the offer of a cuddle-buddy to help him sleep. 

The oldest stopped running a hand through Hoseok's hair, kissing his forehead in an apology when the younger glared at him from his comfortable position, which was nestled into the oldest's side with his head on his shoulder. 

"He's going to the Han River, Tae. He'll be back later tonight." 

Everyone in the house knew what that meant. 

Whenever Namjoon suddenly left the house, he was usually going to the Han River to sort out whatever was going on in his brain. 

Jin being Namjoon's main lover, he knew exactly what was going on in that smart brain of his: his depression was coming back, but it didn't seem to be as strong as the last time. He couldn't be completely sure, though. 

Taehyung fell silent after that, going back to reading Webtoons on his phone while keeping an arm secured around Jimin, who began snoring lightly. 

Jin went back to petting Hoseok's hair and watching television, grinning to himself when he saw Jungkook fangirling in the hall out of the corner of his eye. Still, his mind drifted back to his real lover. 

Once he came back, he would talk things out with Namjoon before they went to bed. Last time, it was both him and Yoongi that waited all night for him to come back, but maybe this time, Namjoon would be a little more comfortable with just Jin. 

They were basically married, after all. They had bought these rings made of a certain type of shell while in Hawaii, which symbolized their wedding rings. Jin played with his own at the memory. 

"Hey, me and Kookie are gonna make dinner tonight," Yoongi muttered as he walked past Jin, stopping to whisper in his ear, "Should we make something for Joonie too? We decided on rice balls, since JK can't mess those up even if he tried."

"Yeah, make Joonie's with just seaweed, though, as well as Jiminie's and Hobi's. Me and Tae want shrimp in ours," Jin replied, earning a nod before Yoongi walked to the kitchen, Jungkook bouncing along behind him. 

-------

It was two in the morning when Jin heard the front door unlock. 

Jungkook had picked Jimin up off of Taehyung to take him to bed hours ago, while Yoongi decided to crash with Taehyung and Hoseok for the night, knowing that Jin would wait for the leader of the group to come home. 

After Namjoon took off his shoes, sunglasses and mask, the oldest of the group decided to turn the entryway light on, making the younger flinch. 

"It's two in the morning, Joon."

"I know." His voice was raw, one indication that he had been crying. 

Jin crossed his arms, expression indifferent as Namjoon lowered his head. "And you have your notebook with you. The notebook." 

The younger had this old, leather-bound notebook - kind of like a journal - that housed every single bad thought from the time he was seventeen up until now. He could take out the filled pages and replace them with fresh, new ones - Namjoon had a shoebox of all the old pages.