YoonMin: Left Out

Bangtan Movie Night was always something the boys looked forward to. It provided them with a stress-free way to wind down and relax after a week of schedules, arguments, and other hardships that happened throughout the week. Plus, it gave all the couples in the group time to actually enjoy each other's company. Taehyung and Jin had an argument earlier in the week and needed some time together to sort things out. Hoseok and Jungkook were happy to cuddle each other for longer than five minutes, Namjoon left his two boyfriends alone to work things out on their own. And then there was Yoongi and Jimin.

Jimin had a huge crush on the older, but as far as he was concerned, Yoongi didn't like him at all. Sure, when the older was tired enough, he often called Jimin over to lay on him. But Jimin often thought it was just because he was squishy and fun to cuddle; that's what Taehyung told him when they last hugged. And he didn't mind being Yoongi's teddy bear - of course he didn't. But it still hurt that the older didn't really like him other than that. When they were left in the dorm together, Yoongi would cook for him only because he wasn't that good and the older wanted some company. He even said so himself.

He frowned at his spot on the floor, since the furniture was taken by all the couples and Yoongi, who sat in the recliner. Namjoon wanted to watch The Conjuring, so everyone was wrapped around each other as they screamed or, in Hoseok's case, shrieked at the wrong parts. Jimin buried his face into the stuffed bear Yoongi got him for his birthday one year, silently crying into the soft fur. He hated horror movies about at much as Jin and Hoseok, but they both had someone to hold as they screamed through the movie; Jimin had no one.

Yoongi was half-asleep in the recliner - he hadn't slept because of work and insomnia. But as he looked to the boy on the floor, his heart broke a little. It always hurt him to see Jimin upset; it hurt all of them to see Jimin upset, but he was probably the most affected by it. To him, the younger was something he wanted to wrap up in a blanket and never let go. He wanted to protect and love him, but he knew it was only ever going to be his dream.

In all honestly, Yoongi thought Jimin didn't like him. When they were put together, the younger never showed any interest in the older; more like fear. He was always timid and seemed to never want to hang out with him, which hurt. Still, Jimin never said no to laying on the older when he was napping on the couch or just couldn't fall asleep, he was respectful and grateful when Yoongi cooked for him. It just really hurt that the younger truly didn't like him.

Still, as he watched Jimin shake and whimper during The Conjuring, Yoongi wanted so badly to hold him and comfort him. But before he could say anything, Jimin stood up and ran off into his room. "What's wrong with him?" Jungkook asked from his place underneath Hoseok, who had buried his face in the younger's neck. "The movie probably freaked him out. Leave him be," Jin said dismissively as he pretty much sat in Taehyung's lap out of fear. Yoongi frowned at his members. Even though Jimin didn't like him, he knew the younger about as well as he knew himself.

"He's scared, guys. And if any of you know anything about him, you'll know he's crying right now and none of us are making an effort to go comfort him!" Yoongi growled, alarming the rest of the boys. "Since you know him so well, why don't you go comfort him?" Jungkook snapped back, but was immediately punched by his boyfriend. "Shut up, Kookie. He's your hyung," came Hoseok's miserable voice, muffled by his boyfriend's neck. The second-oldest only played with his fingers. "He doesn't like me. I know he doesn't," he mumbled.

Namjoon sighed and shook his head. "Hyung, don't say that. We all love you, especially Jimin. He talks about you all the time and shoots heart-eyes at you every time he looks at you. He always pouts when he doesn't get to sit with you during meals or in general. And he cuddles with that bear you bought him every night! How can you say he doesn't love you?" All eyes shifted to Yoongi, who only frowned deeper. "That's shit. He doesn't like me. He likes Kookie and Tae better," he mumbled.

Down the hall, Jimin curled up in Yoongi's room. The older's bed was big and warm and acted as Jimin's safe place when the older was away. No one dared to go into his room for fear that he was sleeping; they always sent Jimin to go wake him up in the mornings because they knew he wouldn't get cursed at or given many apologies if he did. Plus, he was the only one allowed in there anyways.

He lay there for about twenty minutes, a permanent pout on his face the entire time. No one even got up to check on him. No one cared about him. Even though he shared a house with six other people, he had never felt more alone in his life. Jimin's tears returned, but they were out of a different fear than the one the movie placed in his brain; this was the fear of being alone. He felt so left out and it prompted him to cry even harder into the giant bear he dragged with him.

They don't like me. They don't want me. They don't care.

"I figured you'd be in here." Jimin lifted his head and, through his teary eyes, saw Yoongi standing hesitantly in the doorway with a half-smile on his face. Jimin immediately straightened up and wiped his eyes. "I'm s-sorry, hyung. I'll go to m-my room," he rushed, but the older shook his head and closed the door behind him. "Jimin, I don't mind. I'm not yelling at you, am I?" he chuckled and the younger shrugged and looked down to his lap. "'M sorry..." he mumbled as Yoongi stepped closer and sat next to him on the bed. "Chim, it's okay. I promise. You know I wouldn't lie to you," he said as he offered his hand.

Jimin hesitantly took it and immediately felt how small his hand was in Yoongi's. Still, the comforting gesture was nice and made him only a little calmer. He smiled lightly as he watched his fingers lace together with the older's. "Do you want to lay with me? I don't want to watch the movie anymore, either." Jimin looked up to see hope shining in Yoongi's eyes and he frowned a little. "Hyung, are you... Why?" his voice was quiet and unsure, as well as a tiny bit sharp.

Yoongi loosened his grip on Jimin's hand as he looked to the floor. "I just... I like you a lot, Jimin. I know you don't like me, but... I enjoy your company. You're a beautiful person to me." And when he looked back to Jimin, all harshness in the younger's features was gone. "You like me, Yoongi-hyung?" he mumbled and smiled when he earned a nod. "I like you, too. I'm sorry I came off as disliking you. I get shy around people I like and... I was scared of messing up." It was the truth and the way the older listened reassured him that he heard the truth.

And so they laid down together in the large bed; stuffed bear and broken heart forgotten as they curled up against one another. Silence overtook them as they simply stared at each other with love-stuck, sleepy smiles on their faces. And Jimin felt happy that he wasn't left out anymore.