VMin: Fresh Start

Taehyung was happy. He was always happy, but he was really, truly happy this time. 

"Hand, Baby," he said gently as Hoseok jumped out of the black Jeep Renegade, obediently taking his father's hand as they walked through the garage. The tattooed man was almost vibrating when he opened the door leading into the mudroom, nudging the nine-year-old into the house. 

"We're home!" Taehyung announced, loudly enough for his voice to carry, but now loud enough to startle his son into a fit. He accidentally did that once and, even though it wasn't directed towards Hoseok, the poor kid lost it. He didn't let Taehyung touch him for a week and he promised to never get angry in front of Hoseok ever again. 

Park Jimin stood in the middle of the kitchen, crouched down in his black platform boots like a child as he pet Yeontan. He lifted his grey eyes - hidden partially by his silver hair - and broke out into a giant smile at the sight of his boyfriend and Hoseok, who shifted nervously on his feet. 

While Hoseok was at school, Taehyung had picked up Jimin from the airport; he had just gotten back from his dance competition in Saipan. 

He was the exact opposite of Taehyung. Where Taehyung was dangerous and rough around the edges, Jimin was grounded and safe. No tattoos, no past contact with drugs, no daunting past. He was everything Taehyung needed in his life. 

Jimin was the only one who stayed after meeting Hoseok, too. Even though the little boy wasn't in a good mood when they met, he didn't deter Jimin from dating Taehyung. He grew to love Hoseok, who seemingly took a liking to him in return. 

"Hey, Baby," Jimin said brightly, yet quietly. Hoseok ignored him and went immediately to Yeontan, who happily licked his hand and played with him. Taehyung watched closely as Jimin observed for a minute, then ruffled his hair and stood up. 

"Hey, love," Taehyung sighed as he grabbed his boyfriend by the hips and pulled him closer, pecking his nose cutely. "Tae!" the shorter man giggled, eyes disappearing behind his smile. 

The little boy in the floor squeaked happily when Yeontan pawed at his leg, the noise causing Jimin to jolt and Taehyung to laugh. "Awe, Jiminie!" he jested, poking at his boyfriend's cheek. Unlike Taehyung, who never flinched at any of the sounds Hoseok made, Jimin still wasn't used to the sudden loud noises just yet.

"Anways," the taller man laughed, "Hungry? Because Hoseokie is. He nearly broke my eardums in the car with how hangry he is." Jimin laughed and nodded, reaching around to slap Taehyung's ass before letting him go. "Yeah. Go make dinner and I will try my best to entertain the baby," he said before turning around. 

Hoseok was laying in the kitchen floor with Yeontan on his stomach. "Hobi, wanna look at all the pictures I took in Saipan with me?" he asked, earning no response at first. Then, Hoseok sat up and held out his hands. Jimin pulled him up off the floor and guided him into the living room, leaving Taehyung to start dinner. 

Taehyung was so happy. 

He could not stop smiling as he started cutting up sweet potatoes, glancing up occasionally to peer into the living room, where his son sat a little bit away from Jimin, but far enough for the man to whisper to him. Taehyung understood that his son was more of a listener; something his boyfriend didn't really grasp yet. But just the thought that Jimin was trying to befriend Hoseok made Taehyung that much happier. Jimin was incredibly patient and seemed to read Hoseok well; a quality Taehyung needed in a boyfriend. 

-------

"Goodnight, Baby," Taehyung whispered as he patted Hoseok's arm. The little boy kissed his father's cheek and slowly fell asleep as Taehyung joined Jimin in the doorway. "You're a great father, Tae," he whispered as they walked down the hall to Taehyung's bedroom. "Thanks. It's just so nerve-wracking, though," he admitted shyly, running a hand through his hair. 

Jimin frowned at him as he sat down on the bed, unlacing his boots. "Why is it nerve-wracking? Like, I understand that he's your biggest concern, he needs more attention than other kids and that you worry about him, but..." Taehyung sat down on the bed, stripping off his shirt. 

"It's a lot more complicated than that, Jimin. I'm in danger every single day, which means I put my son in danger, too." He pecked his boyfriend's lips and closed his eyes. "I put you in danger." 

They stared at one another for a long time, taking their imperfections and storing them in their memories. Then Jimin sighed, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck. "I know, Taehyung. I know. But everything will be okay," he hummed, then allowed Taehyung to help him strip down to his boxers, then moved to the closet for a t-shirt. 

"Why must you always steal my clothes?" the tattooed man whined as he laid down on the large, comfortable bed. The shorter man giggled and crawled into bed, immediately being ensconced in his boyfriend's inked-out arms. "Because they smell like you." He became Taehyung's little spoon, letting him kiss his neck, biting gently.

"Mm," Taehyung hummed, nestling his face in Jimin's neck. "I love you." Jimin hummed in reply, kissing Taehyung's bicep. "I love you too." 

Taehyung was so happy for a fresh start in life. He had a beautiful son and a beautiful boyfriend, whom he hoped to one day make his husband. It was just what he wanted ever since he was old enough to understand the concept of family. Sure, his family wasn't the best, but it was perfect for him.