YoonJin: Late Night

The boys had just moved into their brand-new, expensive, apartment. They were all excited that they didn't have to share rooms anymore, but Jimin and Jungkook were still kind of cautious about splitting up just yet, so they shared a room. 

Namjoon was simply glad that no one would complain about his Ryan plushies anymore, while Taehyung was happy to have his own room, as well.

Hoseok didn't like sleeping alone, so Taehyung promised that his door would always be unlocked for him - and anyone else - who needed a bit of reassurance in the later hours of the evening. Plus, Kim Taehyung would never pass up the opportunity to cuddle with anyone. 

"Thank god I can get some peace and quiet now! I don't have Jin's snores to keep me up," Yoongi sighed in relief, plopping down on the couch in their new apartment.

Jin simply rolled his eyes, one of his hands locked firmly with Namjoon's. Despite how independent he was, Namjoon was still quite nervous about moving - all of them were. "I feel so loved, Yoongi. Really, I do," the oldest scoffed, sitting on one of the leather couches. 

"Jin-hyung, Yoongi-hyung's gonna miss you," Jungkook pointed out, earning noises of agreement from the others. "Definitely. He'll be in your room by the end of the night," Hoseok nodded, scrunching his nose in distaste when Jimin tried to back-hug him. 

"Alright, the betting pool starts now!" Taehyung chimed, throwing down five dollars on the coffee table. "Yoongi-hyung will be in Jin-hyung's bed by the time we all wake up tomorrow morning!" 

Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook laid down their money, looking expectantly at the other three members. 

Yoongi huffed and sat up, laying down twenty dollars. "Twenty bucks I don't end up in Jin's bed." 

"You know, I highly doubt that, Yoongi," Jin laughed, letting go of Namjoon's hand to pull out his wallet. "I bet twenty you do end up in my bed. You can't get enough of me and we all know it." 

Everyone looked to Namjoon, who simply shook his head. "Hell no. I'm Switzerland!" he said, quickly raising his hands in surrender. Jin chuckled and pinched his cheek. "Smart boy, Joonie," he teased, earning a blushing Namjoon. 

-------

"Goodnight!" Jimin and Hoseok chorused, giving everyone hugs and tucking people into bed. 

Namjoon ended up laying with Taehyung, who saw no problem in earning a cuddle buddy on the first night in their new place. If he was going to be completely honest with himself, he would have ended up in Hoseok's bed anyways. 

Jimin and Jungkook ended up in the same bed, while Hoseok took up what would have been Jungkook's bed. 

Jin was in his room, fast asleep, while Yoongi was in his own room, staring at the wall. 

Despite how much Yoongi wanted to prove everyone wrong, that he could survive in his own room without his former roommate, he felt oddly unsettled. 

It's so quiet, he thought, sitting up in his bed, looking around the dark room. His bookshelves were there, but he could only see the wall behind it; he didn't see the white bookshelf that would usually be on the other side of it. 

His room felt so much bigger than it needed to be. He was used to a smaller space, but he usually had the reassurance that someone else shared the other part of his room, but now it was just him. 

Truthfully, Yoongi missed Jin considerably. 

He missed how the older man would snore every night, filling up the eery silence that sometimes threatened to consume Yoongi. He missed the racket Jin's sugar gliders would make in their cage at night. He missed how Jin would sometimes have silly conversations in his sleep, and when Yoongi couldn't sleep, he usually ended up talking back to Jin just to see what he would say. 

Yoongi missed how, whenever he wasn't feeling well, Jin would simply crawl into bed with him and cuddle. Sure, Jimin did that, too, but it was always nice when Jin did it. Yoongi felt safe in those long arms, snuggled up in that wide chest. He always felt so safe in Jin's arms. 

Fuck, everyone was right. I miss the damn bastard, Yoongi thought to himself as he crawled out of bed, making his way across the hall to Jin's room. 

Jin's door was unlocked, so Yoongi simply snuck in, shutting the door back, before he stepped over to the bed. 

"I know you're there, Min Yoongi." 

"Jesus fuck - Jin!" Yoongi whisper-yelled, collapsing to the floor in a fit of fright. 

Jin laughed loudly, rolling over to face Yoongi, who was glaring from the floor. "Come here, you big baby." He opened his arms out for the younger man, who blushed as he got up off the floor. 

Without a word, Yoongi crawled into bed, right into Jin's awaiting arms. 

He sighed happily, curling up in a ball as he felt strong arms wrap around him, his head resting on that wide chest he secretly loved so much. Yoongi felt safe, now that he was in his best friend's arms. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt loved, too. 

"You missed me, didn't you?" Jin whispered, and Yoongi could feel that arrogant smirk in his tone, but he didn't care anymore. All he cared about was the feeling of Jin's fingers in his hair and the sound of his heartbeat against his ear. 

He wrapped his own arms around Jin, trying to get closer to the comfort he craved. "It's too quiet. I miss your snoring, hyung." 

Hyung.

Yoongi only ever called him that when he was truly upset. It never really bothered Jin that Yoongi didn't call him hyung, - he was the one who told him to stop, since they were only three months apart - but when he did hear that honorific, it struck a nerve. 

Jin pulled Yoongi even closer - if that was even possible - and kissed the top of his head. "It's a new place, dumpling. We're all gonna be scared at some point, but we have each other, right?" he mumbled, earning a hum of agreement. 

"Besides," the older chuckled, "I missed you, too. It's too bright in here. I miss your side of the room." Yoongi chuckled as well, shyly pressing a kiss to Jin's wide chest. "Alright, bedtime, dumpling. Sleep well." 

"Goodnight, Jin-hyung. I, uh... I love you." It was hard to say, and Jin wanted to cry after hearing that. Instead, he simply kissed Yoongi's forehead. "I love you too." 

-------

"Alright, who wants to do the honors?" 

"No, Jungkook. Let them sleep." 

"But hyung -"

"Oh, they look so cute! Tae, get a picture!" 

"Way ahead of all of you." 

"Thanks, Joon-hyung!"

"Of course, Jiminie." 

Jin was so confused as to why the other members were in his room, but then he remembered who was in his bed. 

Yoongi was fast asleep in Jin's arms, exactly how he fell asleep last night. He looked so much happier, softer, than he ever had in any moment. Jin couldn't say he didn't enjoy it. 

"You both lost the bet, hyung. We're rich!" Taehyung whispered, holding all of the cash in a jar. Hoseok rolled his eyes. "We're already rich, babe." Jimin giggled, earning a slap from Taehyung. 

Everyone finally left, leaving Jin and Yoongi alone. 

The older man simply smiled fondly, brushing Yoongi's bangs out of his eyes. "Don't be afraid to lay with me anytime, dumpling," he mumbled, then went back to sleep.