TaeGi: Fanboy

"This is my boyfriend, Jungkook." 

Taehyung felt his heart plunge into his shoes as his crush's boyfriend gave a shy wave, not one for words when it came to strangers. The barista gave him the best smile he could, pretty certain that it didn't reach his eyes. "Nice to meet you, Jungkook. Treat Hoseokie-hyung well." 

Jungkook was cute, Taehyung gave him that much. His ears turned red when he was flustered, one hand seemed to be glued to Hoseok's, and he followed the older man around like a lost puppy. Every time he looked to his boyfriend, his eyes showed nothing but love and admiration for him. There was no doubt that Jungkook was perfect for Hoseok. 

"Cheer up, pumpkin." Taehyung flinched when Seokjin ruffled his hair, but found it in himself to slip a tiny smile. "Jimin said he'll look after you tonight." 

With that, Taehyung went back to making Hoseok and Jungkook's drinks. He had given up on ever winning Hoseok's love.

-------

Empty plates sat on Taehyung's coffee table right next to a few empty bottles of pineapple-flavored soda. 

Taehyung himself was cuddled up with Jimin as they watched the live interview with Taehyung's favorite artist on the face of the earth, Suga. The typical questions they asked every artist on the show were answered with very few words; Suga was never one for interviews and all of his fans knew it. 

"You're drooling on me, TaeTae," Jimin complained, making a face at the drool that was now on his shirt. 

Taehyung blushed and sat back, muttering a barely-audible apology while he continued to stare at the television. He couldn't help but oggle Suga, his one true inspiration. All of his best poems were made while listening to the rapper's music or songs that he produced for other artists. 

Suga's personality also drew Taehyung to him. He was a man of few words and even fewer facial expressions, but Taehyung understood him in a way. There was no need to be continuously smiley and outgoing, like Hoseok. There was no need to come up with elaborate answers; things should be told as they are, no beating around the bush. 

Everyone thought that Suga was closed-off and cold, possibly rude in real life, but Taehyung knew better. He believed that deep down in Suga's heart, love like no other lay sleeping, waiting for the perfect person to come along and awaken it. Taehyung liked to believe that maybe he could do that, but his realism overruled his idealism; no way in a million years would Min Suga see him as anything but a fan. 

Taehyung was nothing but a fan and he knew that. 

"So, do you have any friends?" the interviewer asked. 

Suga shrugged, avoiding the camera as he licked his lips. "Honestly? No, I don't. I'm famous; I can't go do normal things with friends, like go to lunch or see a movie, without running into fans. Someone's always asking for pictures, or only wanting to talk about my success. No one wants to talk to me, just about Min Suga." 

The audience of the talk show made noises of pity, as did Jimin sitting right next to Taehyung. "I feel so bad for him, Tae. Maybe fame isn't everything we think it is." 

Taehyung couldn't agree more. His heart ached as he noticed the pain shining in Suga's eyes; it was so obvious, even on a television screen. He wanted nothing more than to prove to Suga that yes, he could make a friend that didn't want his fame or fortune, but wanted him as he was. But what hurt was that there was absolutely nothing Taehyung could do. 

"You don't have any friends? Then what do you do in your free time?

Suga chuckled to himself. "I sleep and spend time with my family. My hyung lives here in Seoul, so I go see him often. I also cook a lot, so I try out new recipes."