YoonKook: Hold Me Tight

Yoongi hadn't slept last night. 

Or the previous night. 

In fact, he hadn't slept all week. It frustrated him to no end, but he just couldn't help it. 

Sleep scared Yoongi to no end ever since his first sleep paralysis incident. He had woken up, seemingly cemented to his own bed, - stranded in his own bed - eyes trained on the doorway. He saw a figure there; one that was as tall as the door itself, disfigured to the poor boy. 

The figure had growled at him - a low, echoing groan, really - and held a clawed hand out to him, beckoning him. Its eyes glowed, but they were more like crimson holes where the actual eyes were supposed to be. 

Yoongi couldn't look away or open his mouth, so he went hoarse trying to get anyone's attention, his shrieks muffled by his closed lips. 

The next morning, his roommate, Jungkook, had frowned and asked Yoongi why he looked so startled as he hastily threw on a shirt, fixing his glasses. 

"I need to go back to my psychiatrist. Something's really wrong," was the only reply the older boy was willing to give. 

Now, Yoongi laid out on the couch in the living room, the sun just beginning to rise. 

He simply watched the sun break the horizon, the bottle of pills his psychiatrist gave him clutched tightly in his hand. He took them twice a day every day, just as she had instructed, but Yoongi hated the side-effect of them. 

The pills made him get light-headed easily, so he couldn't go too far without either falling over or holding onto the nearest object for balance. To solve this, Yoongi simply stopped leaving the apartment. 

Deep down, he felt guilty for making Jungkook go to the grocery store, the café, the park, and other places alone. All the things they used to do together they couldn't do anymore, and it was so difficult to see the hurt look in the younger boy's eyes whenever Yoongi declined. 

Despite how much Yoongi hated seeing Jungkook so upset, he had been the cause of it ever since he was prescribed those pills. 

"Hyung?" 

Yoongi jolted as he turned his head to the hall, where a shirtless Jungkook had poked his head around the corner.

His hair was all mussed from sleep, sticking out in various directions, and lines from the pillow took over the left side of his face. He was pouting like a child, rubbing his open eye while the other one remained stuck in a dream. 

Despite being almost twenty-two, it was quite adorable to see him like this, at least to Yoongi it was. 

"Kook, you never wake up this early on Saturdays. Why are you up?" the older mumbled, setting the pill bottle on the table behind the couch. He stretched a little, letting out a yawn. 

"I had a weird dream, and I woke up to come lay in your bed with you," Jungkook let out his own yawn, covering his nose instead of his mouth, "but you weren't there. How long has it been since you slept in your own bed?"

Yoongi sighed, lazily flinging an arm over his eyes. "I'm too afraid to sleep. I'm afraid the medicine won't work. I still take it, though." 

Jungkook nodded slowly, rubbing the back of his neck in thought. He couldn't help but admire his hyung, taking in every detail about him. 

It was obvious that Yoongi hadn't slept; his bags were even more visible, his eyes empty, like all the life had been drained from him. Even his skin looked like all of his blood had been drained from his body. 

Finally, he shrugged, avoiding his hyung's eyes as he mumbled, "You could have gotten into bed with me. I can protect you." 

A small, light-hearted chuckle came from Yoongi at that statement. Jungkook was such a child, but it made the older boy feel that much safer, that much more thankful that this kid was his roommate. But he felt even guiltier. 

The kid sounded so hurt that Yoongi didn't go to him for help. All the younger wanted was to let Yoongi know that he was there for him; that he could come to him any time and not be alone. Jungkook simply wanted to be there for his hyung, who he knew was always there for him. 

"If you're too scared to sleep in your own bed, just crawl in mine. I'll hold you and keep all of your demons from hurting you. You know that, hyung. You know I'll do anything for you," the younger said, his piercing gaze stabbing the older's soul. 

They had the stare-down to end all stare-downs. 

Yoongi glared at Jungkook, who glared right back, eyes determined and hurt and... 

"Kook, come here." The older boy held out his arms, finally giving into his roommate. 

Almost immediately, Jungkook laid himself down on the couch, resting his head on Yoongi's chest and draping the rest of himself on top of him like a blanket. He eased his arms underneath the older's, holding onto his shoulders lovingly. 

Hesitantly, Yoongi framed Jungkook's legs with his own, wrapping his arms around the boy's torso. Once he was a little more comfortable, he found it in himself to hold the boy tighter, burying his face in his fluffy brown hair. 

"Go to sleep, hyung. It's okay," Jungkook muttered, placing a kiss on Yoongi's neck before nuzzling into his chest, closing his eyes and letting out a content hum. 

A blush crept onto the older's cheeks, but he obeyed and closed his eyes. He relished in Jungkook's warmth and comfort, smiling to himself as he took in the boy's body mass weighing him down. 

After a while, the younger boy's breath evened out, his body now completely relaxed against the older. 

Yoongi soothed circles into Jungkook's bare back, tracing over every line of muscle there. He was so warm, filling the older's heart with fondness. 

"I love you, Jeon Jungkook," he whispered as he placed a kiss into Jungkook's hair, allowing sleep to finally take him under its wing. 

They stayed on the couch all day, tangled in one another.