Chapter 7:: Shoulder

Author's POV:

"Why is he in the house?" You asked Jo who said, "Well, do you want him gone? It's better with him around!" 
"Whatever. Where was this cat all along?" 
"Azure?"
Jo asked. You simply nodded.

"She usually stays near the yard and Mr Kim's bedroom. But you had been limited to your bedroom and the dining table so maybe that's why you didn't notice."

Oh, right— maybe that's why. 

"Did you find her cute? Isn't she adorable?" Jo asked. You just pressed your lips and nodded, acting unbothered.
"She's really nice and caring. She also talks a lot and throws tantrums... like you." He muttered the last 2 words earning a glare from you.
"You both can go well. You should spend time with her... your 3 months might go better." Jo said. You sighed and shook your head. 
"Ah, I have to go now. See you then." Jo left. You just stared at the window in front of you. You could see the cat running in the yard. 

You smiled. It was indeed adorable. But a frown appeared on your face as you saw that 6 feet tall raven-haired feeding something to the cat. You saw him patting her head and kissing her forehead.
"Ew... How can she accept kisses from that disgusting man?" You asked yourself. You saw how Azure melted in his touch as he was talking to her.
"He's talking to her? Hah..." You scoffed and closed the curtains. You were done staring down like an idiot. He was a hypocrite— that too in front of a cat.

Which mafia owned a cat and talked to it? 

You sighed. There was nothing to do here, it was so boring. You sighed and looked outside again. He wasn't there. Maybe you could go to the cat? You were bored. Jo's ideas seemed better.

Not even a few minutes passed by and now you were in the yard, sitting down— with Azure in your lap. 
"Hey, Azure... I'm wondering. How do you actually mix with that black shirt guy?" You asked, frowning. She meowed at you as you said, "Right... you're still an innocent cat. But you should know, he's a complete douche. He's a devil. So unfair so evil... gosh."
"Meow! Meow... ow... me.. meow!"
She sort of sounded offended.
"I'm not badmouthing you. I'm badmouthing that hypocrite owner of yours... gosh." You rolled your eyes. She meowed again. 

"Hmm... Wanna be friends?" You asked. She meowed as if in a 'yes'. 
"I'm Choi Y/N... you're Azure, right?" You asked as she meowed. She continued her meowing for nearly a minute which you assumed was a self-introduction. Chuckling, you said, "You're fluffy."
"Meow." She spoke. You sighed and said, "I miss my home... I want to go there soon!" 
"Meow meow... meow!" 

"Yeah, this is your home? I know... But this is not my home you see." You said. She meowed as if in understanding you. 
"Woah... I can't believe I'm seeking comfort from your meowing but okay." You smiled and looked at her as she meowed for a few more minutes before patting your arm with her paws.
"Is that comfort?" You asked. She meowed. You couldn't help but giggle. You felt so nice with her, she seemed like the only friendly and 'real' person in this entire mansion.

Person-? No, a cat. But- still. 

"You should take her inside. It will rain soon." You heard the deep voice again making your body jolt up. Didn't he leave? 
You looked behind to see him standing there, hands inside his pocket like he had been standing there for quite a while. 
"How long has he been standing here?" You whispered to Azure as the deep voice said, "Probably 6 minutes and 35 seconds." 
"As if I asked you." You said, glaring at him. He sighed and said, "Go inside." 
"No."
"It'll rain."